Range report with Geissele SAA E trigger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just couldn't wait any longer so ran to range set target up at 100 yards and tested my Colt AR with the Geissele SAA E trigger. Man this thing is smooth. Below will be the 10 round group with the SAA E and a target I had posted a week ago with the factory colt trigger for comparison.
The first stage of the trigger is a smooth as a whisper. It will drop your jaw. The second stage break is right at a pound and is crisp as snapping off a small icicle.
Windy when I did this at noon and used the exact same ammo (AE 55 grain).
WOW. I can't wait to get to get back out with it.
I'm using the leupold pig plex (I prefer small cross hairs) four power. I think with more power and tiny cross hairs, this will be a tack driver. (Well as good a tack driver as the guy...me...holding the hammer).
First pic is the AR with the SAA E at 100 yards the first 10 rounds I ever shot with it.
Second picture is my target from last week with the factory trigger. What a difference.
Remember the second picture was my best group in perfect weather after shooting a bunch of rounds.
Ada Geissele first shots.JPG
Ada 3rd 5.56.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to get use to it. It's such a change from the factory I think it's going to be great. I literally stuck up a target, plopped down my bag, loaded a mag, nestled behind the gun and fired 10 rounds. My tie was flying around a bit, but man this trigger is smooth. If I miss, it's me. Not the gun. Not the wind. Not the trigger. ME!
The scope I have would be great for run and gun and can reach out to 300 yards pretty good, but for accuracy and distance, I'm going to have to put a bit more power in the glass.
Man I like this trigger. You'll see when you get to shoot it.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, a 1-4x scope is not the best for wringing the most accuracy possible out of a rifle, but it is a good scope for general all-around use (especially with those Alumina covers). Keep up the good work!

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice. No doubt that trigger is a great addition - I really like mine. Start working up a reload that your rifle likes and you'll see the group tighten even more. :D

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, a 1-4x scope is not the best for wringing the most accuracy possible out of a rifle, but it is a good scope for general all-around use (especially with those Alumina covers). Keep up the good work!
It's a super scope and love the covers. Have shot a few hogs with it and on silhouettes at 300 yards, it's perfect. Best glass I've ever peered through and you gave me a super deal on it. Thanks.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a fan of 2 stage triggers for my game, but will acknowledge the addition of a great trigger will make all the difference in the world on the target.
The first stage is so clean you hardly notice it. Hell you don't notice it. I know you've shot a few but it's just my first nip at the jug on the Geissele, but I'm sold.
Hopefully you and I can make it to the next ens and you can shoot mine and then I get to shoot ALL of your great ones. (Hint/hint)
I'm not too proud to beg.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first stage is so clean you hardly notice it. Hell you don't notice it. I know you've shot a few but it's just my first nip at the jug on the Geissele, but I'm sold.
Hopefully you and I can make it to the next ens and you can shoot mine and then I get to shoot ALL of your great ones. (Hint/hint)
I'm not too proud to beg.
Everything I own is 3lb if it's adjustable. Heavy for a target shooter, but perfect for a person involved in action shooting for me anyway.
Some may differ in their opinion, but we all have our sweet spots for what we do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom