Range Report: Zella Mehlis Walther PPK .32 ACP Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, they sure don't make 'em like they used to. I got this gun from my Brother-from-Another-Mother, Surjimmy. This little gun dates to 1939 by a serial number search courtesy of the Walther Forum. She is by no means LNIB...she has some road rash on the slide, mostly near the muzzle end, but then, lots of old things have scars and marks on them by the time they are this old too. Not a big deal. The internals look like the gun has been lightly fired, if at all. You can still see the machine marks on the ramp and inside the slide...the breech face as well. I tested her out at 10 yards this morning and was very pleased with this little gem of a pistola. It worked, and worked well. By no means will this become a carry gun for me; (I think...maybe...) but it was sure fun to shoot. I have had an Interarms PPK/S since 1995 in .380; the PPK in .32 ACP is so much more pleasant, it was designed around the .32 ACP cartridge after all. Sure is a big difference in the two calibers as far as recoil and getting back on target. The .32 ACP wins hands down when talking about the Walther PP series of pistols. I had fun with this little PPK today. Here's pics; the last one is the first 5 rounds at 10 yards:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I have wanted one of those for a long time. Hurry up and put that up for sale in the classifieds so I can snag it!

Oh no you don't. This has been my Holy Grail Gun for years now. Mine; all mine! Might let you fondle and shoot it though.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
here's an old pic of my German made Walther PPK in 9mm short

home.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_ppk.JPG

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
everything is original .. packed that pistol for years .. it was retired in favor of a S&W 340PD

as someone else already noted early PPK's were designed for ball ammo. had intermittent problems with self defense .380 ammo jamming. instead of spending time reworking ramp angles and the pricey testing of self defense ammo at the time .. PPK got retired.

now days there are way more .380 self defense ammo choices at reasonable prices. perhaps PPK needs to be brought out again .. besides being a bit heavy, PPK has one of the best form factors to pack concealed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom