Range time with a 4 year old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took my son shooting for the first time tonight. He’s one of 6. Some of the others have been before him, but this was his time, just the 2 of us. He’s been begging to learn since he saw me bring home a cricket single shot .22lr about a month ago. He lit up like a Christmas tree when I told him what we were about to do. By the end of our first lesson he was hitting the steel silhouettes about 80% of the time and even hit a bullseye on paper. I kept a hand on the rifle just in case, but the aiming and firing was all him. On occasion when a shot missed the steel he’d say “I just gotta hear that ding” and load another round. I think everyone feels that way shooting steel. We just gotta hear it ring!
E8BA0D89-65E8-4F4A-B087-AA7F829D7527.jpeg

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took my son shooting for the first time tonight. He’s one of 6. Some of the others have been before him, but this was his time, just the 2 of us. He’s been begging to learn since he saw me bring home a cricket single shot .22lr about a month ago. He lit up like a Christmas tree when I told him what we were about to do. By the end of our first lesson he was hitting the steel silhouettes about 80% of the time and even hit a bullseye on paper. I kept a hand on the rifle just in case, but the aiming and firing was all him. On occasion when a shot missed the steel he’d say “I just gotta hear that ding” and load another round. I think everyone feels that way shooting steel. We just gotta hear it ring!View attachment 225283
I got to shoot my dad's SAA .45 Long Colt at that age. Knocked me flat on my butt! I've loved shooting ever since!
Though this is probably an easier start! ;) Needs eye protection, though.

Bill

Latest posts

Top Bottom