Range Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I went to the outdoor Red Castle range yesterday afternoon to spend some time with some 22’s as well as her EZ380 and the S&W Model 10.

Walther P22 shot every round without a hiccup.

7.5“ AR with 22 LR Conversion also flawless and accurate

Henry Golden Boy - WOW what a blast. Smooth and accurate. Also allot heavier than it looks. After shooting I am not surge I am going to install the scope base and scope. I will probably leave it stock. Now I need to figure out what to do with the new Vortex scope I bought for it.

S&W EZ380 Did great but did not like some older Fiochi ammo that I had.

Smith Model 10 did not like the new production Winchester 130gr. It was binding up the cylinder and making it almost impossible to open the cylinder. I will give it a good cleaning and try my snap caps to see if the problem persists. I have never had any issue with ammo before.

Ruger LCP Max, the more I shoot it the less I like it. It is just to much kick for my hands and the grip I am able to get on it. Will probably end up trading it for something else.

Overall great day, I will probably head back out Sunday or Monday for some extended rifle with optic time.

I had every intention of taking pics and videos, but forgot; again…

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing more fun than a lever 22. My wife insists we bring the marlin 39 every time. Check the end shake on that model 10 cylinder. Also make sure the ejector rod hasn’t backed out a little. It’s left hand threads.
Hold the gun up to the light and keep an eye on the gap between the cylinder and barrel as you work the action. That gap should stay consistent. If not, it needs a cylinder bushing. I just ordered a pack of ten from midway. I think it was $17 or something like that.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing more fun than a lever 22. My wife insists we bring the marlin 39 every time. Check the end shake on that model 10 cylinder. Also make sure the ejector rod hasn’t backed out a little. It’s left hand threads.
Hold the gun up to the light and keep an eye on the gap between the cylinder and barrel as you work the action. That gap should stay consistent. If not, it needs a cylinder bushing. I just ordered a pack of ten from midway. I think it was $17 or something like that.
Thank you I will look it over later today. It is my first revolver so I may come back with more questions. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom