Range Trip with a New Member Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I met up with a fairly new member today at Big Boys Gun Range, Cityhillbillly. Nice young fellow who is setting up the next OKC Metro ENS for April 29. We shot the Ruger MK IV, the Glock 43, and his AR-15 Military style high capacity killer assault weapon. The MK IV continues to impress me with it's reliability for a rimfire pistol, as well as how easy it is to take down, clean, and reassemble. But the trigger on it is still pretty heavy. I am really thinking I need to put a Volquartsen or Tandemkross kit in it. I think I'll put another 1,000 rounds or so down range then we'll see how it feels and go from there. CHB had a Sightmark dot scope on his AR; a 5 MOA I believe. My eyes don't like these "dots"; to me, they look like big fuzzy red or green things out there...guess I am going to have to give in and go see the eye doc or do like steelfingers suggested and get a shooting eye dog. CHB seemed to like the little Glock 43, and he shot it darn well too. I have had this little pistola now for almost two years, and will be giving my two-year report on it soon. We had to cut our session short cause he had to go to work, (man, I hate to think about having to do shizz kike that anymore...go to "work" I mean) but we still had a good time tearing up some paper. I'd show youse guys our targets, but they look like we took a shotgun to them. We were to cheap to just go get a fresh one, as long as there's still a shred of paper hanging up there to shoot at, I'm good.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Drury are you keeping both eyes open and focusing on the target ?? I know you have mentioned this before but can't remember if you said how you were acquiring the target pic.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drury are you keeping both eyes open and focusing on the target ?? I know you have mentioned this before but can't remember if you said how you were acquiring the target pic.

Yep, I am doing that part right. The part that isn't right is the eyeballs. Had cataract surgery a few years back and it did wonders; guess it's time for a tune-up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom