Range withdrawal in Shawnee area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a nice little 200 yard range where I previously lived and got to semi-regularly work out my rifles reloads and pistols, but we moved and bought a new place a few month back leaving me rangeless.....I'm a responsibly reloader who is going through some withdrawals and would really like to find a place close to home again where I can chrony my loads and punch some paper.

Anyone in that area have a stretch of land that they could possibly allow a responsible shooter to go and get his fix? Right now need to make sure my 243, 260 and 280ai are all good to go at 200 yards for hunting season. Need to zero in the 280ai since it just got a new scope and test out a little S&W 637 I just bought from another member.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, I'd be willing to help in any way possible in maintaining and/or improving the range area.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure is the best answer I can give at this time. The reason I was looking for close to home is because along with the new house and a family of four we've taken on care of my elderly mom and dad. It's been a bit rough on us adjustment wise and I find myself with less and less time to enjoy my hobbies. I'm working on getting some additional help so my poor wife can take a break and I can hopefully get back to the reloading table and the range. Definitely learning the struggles and hardships of being caregivers......

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure is the best answer I can give at this time. The reason I was looking for close to home is because along with the new house and a family of four we've taken on care of my elderly mom and dad. It's been a bit rough on us adjustment wise and I find myself with less and less time to enjoy my hobbies. I'm working on getting some additional help so my poor wife can take a break and I can hopefully get back to the reloading table and the range. Definitely learning the struggles and hardships of being caregivers......

I feel for you. Keeping elderly parents as a caregiver is a full time job and you get my utmost respect for doing so.
Take this from experience if you may. I’ve been down that road in the past and may have to do it again in the future, doing so willingly.
But, there comes a time when you may have to relinquish the custodial duties to professionals as it will take a toll on your personal health and family status as well as you may not be able to handle the issues your faced with.
It’s a gut wrenching decision to make, but you will know when it’s time.
If I can help by talking to you at any time, send me a PM and we can exchange numbers.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel for you. Keeping elderly parents as a caregiver is a full time job and you get my utmost respect for doing so.
Take this from experience if you may. I’ve been down that road in the past and may have to do it again in the future, doing so willingly.
But, there comes a time when you may have to relinquish the custodial duties to professionals as it will take a toll on your personal health and family status as well as you may not be able to handle the issues your faced with.
It’s a gut wrenching decision to make, but you will know when it’s time.
If I can help by talking to you at any time, send me a PM and we can exchange numbers.
You got that right....it does take a toll on the family. My wife has been carrying the load during the day and it often pushes her to the limit, I take over on weekends to give her a break. I'm blessed to have her. Also my "honey do" list is on permanent hold and what I need done I now have to hire it out or it never gets done.....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You got that right....it does take a toll on the family. My wife has been carrying the load during the day and it often pushes her to the limit, I take over on weekends to give her a break. I'm blessed to have her. Also my "honey do" list is on permanent hold and what I need done I now have to hire it out or it never gets done.....

We are living it right now. FIL is in a memory care unit, and MIL is in and out of ICU and skilled nursing since mid September. MIL flat wore her self out taking care of FIL, and her health collapsed. We kept trying to get them to move closer to us, but they refused, not wanting to leave friends, but they may not have a choice now.
Wife has been in Broken Arrow since mid September and I’m 120 miles away, coming over to give her a break when possible. Getting old is not for the week of heart.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are living it right now. FIL is in a memory care unit, and MIL is in and out of ICU and skilled nursing since mid September. MIL flat wore her self out taking care of FIL, and her health collapsed. We kept trying to get them to move closer to us, but they refused, not wanting to leave friends, but they may not have a choice now.
Wife has been in Broken Arrow since mid September and I’m 120 miles away, coming over to give her a break when possible. Getting old is not for the week of heart.
Wishing you guys the best. We've gotten a little bit of a break since my wife's been shoveling good cooking down them for a few months now getting them both a bit stronger. I pray it stays that way.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Shoot-n-Iron over in Bethel Acres has a 100 and 200 yard range. You might try calling the owner... Paul. I don’t think he’s been feeling good lately.
I don't think that the range is open to the public other than for training. I'll see what I can find out about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom