Rangemaster Course H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anyone taken this course? How above average do you have to be? I'm average but I would say not above average. What I'm wanting to do is be able to do a basic gun course for my customers. . . I'll probably call tomorrow to see if openings are still available. . . But I've never had any "formal" training so I'm not sure this is where I should start, any input? I looked for an NRA Instructor course but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

Here is the description of the course.
http://www.rangemaster.com/
We have arranged to use the excellent facilities of H&H Gun Range in Oklahoma City for this class. H&H has a modern, well equipped classroom, with audio visual gear and everything we need to put on the extensive classroom training involved in this course. Their indoor range makes weather a non-issue for the shooting portion of the training. There is a restaurant on-site, so we can minimize lost training time.

This is an intensive three-day course, with a lot of classroom work and a lot of shooting. Candidates must pass an extensive written examination, pass a shooting qualification, and deliver a brief classroom presentation. Students receive a 170 page instructor manual, which is a valuable reference source. Students will shoot their own sidearms during this class, and will also shoot a variety of other handguns for familiarization.

Each student will need an accurate, reliable handgun of 9X19mm, .38 Special, or larger caliber, concealment gear, and 800 rounds of quality ammunition. We will supply ammunition for the other handguns fired for familiarization. H&H will have ammunition on hand for purchase for use in this course.

This course is geared toward teaching you how to teach others. You will gain a good bit of experience in coaching others; spotting, identifying, and correcting common shooting errors; course design and documentation; and other topics. You will also increase your own shooting skills. Students should already have basic shooting/gunhandling skills and be above average shots prior to this course.

Tuition for this class is $385.00. That includes everything: there is no separate range fee to H&H. Advance registration is required. To register, call Lynn Givens at 901-370-5600 with a credit card, or mail a check to Rangemaster, 2611 S. Mendenhall Rd, Memphis, Tn, 38115. Class size is limited.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone taken this course? How above average do you have to be? I'm average but I would say not above average. What I'm wanting to do is be able to do a basic gun course for my customers. . . I'll probably call tomorrow to see if openings are still available. . . But I've never had any "formal" training so I'm not sure this is where I should start, any input? I looked for an NRA Instructor course but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I have not had this class ( I'm signed up for it) I have took a few classes from Tom and he is one of the best handgun instructors I know. With that said to get though this class you will "probably" have to shoot at a VERY,Very high level!!

If you have not had any professional training this class would be WAY over your skill set ( IMHO).

The best place to start is to take as many classes as you can from the local training company's like www.oklahomashootingskills.com USSA, TDSA and look for classes at the OKC gun club.

FYI, From the last time I spoke with Tom, the class is full with a waiting list,

Fined a class and go start having FUN!!!

Mrs. Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have not had this class ( I'm signed up for it) I have took a few classes from Tom and he is one of the best handgun instructors I know. With that said to get though this class you will "probably" have to shoot at a VERY,Very high level!!

If you have not had any professional training this class would be WAY over your skill set ( IMHO).

The best place to start is to take as many classes as you can from the local training company's like www.oklahomashootingskills.com USSA, TDSA and look for classes at the OKC gun club.

FYI, From the last time I spoke with Tom, the class is full with a waiting list,

Thank you, this is what I wanted to know. I'm willing to take a few classes but time seems to always be a factor AND I don't want to deal with LEO's (of offense), I want it to be directed toward me and a "civilian". . . I want to be able to turn around and help the local girl scout troop learn firearm safety and to teach the women that buy guns from me the basics of shooting them. . .I have a couple guys who have been great about helping out but I don't want to have to burden them with being the instructor every time, I want to do it. . . That's all. . . All opinions are welcome and will be taken into consideration. :bighug:

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Hey S, guess whos coming to dinner?? :D
see you next week.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you, this is what I wanted to know. I'm willing to take a few classes but time seems to always be a factor AND I don't want to deal with LEO's (of offense), I want it to be directed toward me and a "civilian". . . I want to be able to turn around and help the local girl scout troop learn firearm safety and to teach the women that buy guns from me the basics of shooting them. . .I have a couple guys who have been great about helping out but I don't want to have to burden them with being the instructor every time, I want to do it. . . That's all. . . All opinions are welcome and will be taken into consideration. :bighug:

With that said you could not go wrong with Oklahoma shooting skills.
and dont worry about the LEO's in class. The one's I'v been around in a class has been very helpful, polite and humble.
Like Golf or any other sport you have to put in the time and spend the $ to get the knowledge you want, this is just way more fun!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom