Ranking your game

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1980's - 1990's
1. Dove
2. Deer
3. Quail
4. Frogs
5. Rabbits

1990's - 2010
1. Deer
2. Turkey
3. Quail

2010 - 2018
1. Antelope
2. Turkey
3. Deer

2018 - Present
1. Steel
2. Antelope
3. Turkey
4. Deer
The only reasons I hunt anymore is because my son enjoys it and I enjoy listening to the morning come alive, a beautiful sunrise/sunset, and having geese and sandies fly overhead.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1. Richardson Ground Squirrels
2. Belding Ground squirrels
3. Gray Digger Squirrels
4. Rock Chucks
5. Prairie Dogs
6. Coyotes
And in the off season, just to keep my hand in it once in a while, big game, Deer mostly, but Antelope and Elk also.

No I don't eat the first 6. But by hunting them, it helps reduce the damage the they do to barley, wheat, pasture crops and live stock . That helps keep the price of beer and beef down to where I can afford it.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1. Elk
2. Mule deer
3. White tails
4. Salmon/trout fishing
5. Hogs
6. Turkey
7. Crows
8. Dove
9. Small game
10. Predators
Hunting Mule deer has taken over for my favorite deer not so much for the taste of the meat but the scenery of the hunt and my son going with me.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Raccoon, turkey, chukar, quail, elk, deer, squirrel, pheasant, rabbit. Those stinkin Aoudad sheep, peccary, coyote.
That is pretty close to the order of things I enjoyed the most, of the things I have had the good fortune in life to pursue.

Yea I know Coons are not a game. but there is nothing quite like a hunt with a good set of hounds running a full on Yodel in the mountains on a still night. Music my friend, you may not like it but you will always remember. You have to experience it to even begin to know.

--"Talk gobbler talk"-- Jonny Horton

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom