Raptor Ambi Charging Handle & BAD Ambi Safety Selector Reviews?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImaBBaller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about buying these two products for awhile to make one of my AR's completely ambidextrous, but am having trouble pulling the trigger since I've never got to see them in person. Any reviews of either product?

I currently have a BCM gunfighter mod 4 that I really like and have thought about buying the ambi version, but it occasionally pinches my hand and I've heard people say the Raptor doesn't do that. I also have a concern about the blowback on suppressed fire. My BCM has a pretty pronounced lip to help guard against gas in the face and from the pictures I've seen the raptor's lip doesn't look quite as big.

Also, with the safety, has anybody had or heard of any problems with the screws backing out? The beauty of the GI safety to me is the simplicity, but I like the idea of the ambidextrous lever.

And b/c I never miss an opportunity to show off a gun, here's a pic of the gun they would go on:
[Broken External Image]

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run the BadAss ambi safety and the Raptor on both my AR15's. I'm a lefty so I love both. As far as the bolt release and mag release, I can work them fine without ambi releases on them. Comparing the Ambi BCM to the Raptor, the Raptor is much better for me. But again, I'm left handed. The latch on the Raptor makes all the difference and for the $20-$25 difference, the Raptor is definitely better. As far as the ambi safety, I've had no problems with it unscrewing.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My ambi selector has never unsrewed. As far as blowback from suppressed shooting, use the RTV trick, it helps. You will still get some blowback though. It's the cost of shooting with a can.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went from mil-spec CH's to the Gunfighter. Now I have Raptors and wouldn't look back. Haven't got my hands on the BAD levers yet, but they're on the short list.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about buying these two products for awhile to make one of my AR's completely ambidextrous, but am having trouble pulling the trigger since I've never got to see them in person. Any reviews of either product?

I currently have a BCM gunfighter mod 4 that I really like and have thought about buying the ambi version, but it occasionally pinches my hand and I've heard people say the Raptor doesn't do that. I also have a concern about the blowback on suppressed fire. My BCM has a pretty pronounced lip to help guard against gas in the face and from the pictures I've seen the raptor's lip doesn't look quite as big.

Also, with the safety, has anybody had or heard of any problems with the screws backing out? The beauty of the GI safety to me is the simplicity, but I like the idea of the ambidextrous lever.

And b/c I never miss an opportunity to show off a gun, here's a pic of the gun they would go on:
[Broken External Image]

If you want to come to Altus, I have 3 rifles with raptors and two with BAD levers (one in 45 degrees and one in 90 degrees). I also run suppressed with a Raptor and it's not bad at all. The BAD screws shouldn't come undone, especially with thread locker, but the newer design (bad-cass) will work even if the screws come out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom