Razors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daily user is Grampa’s old Gillette safety razor but when I’m feeling manly I’ll use one of these. All from my great-grandfathers back, the bottom right one is from the late 1700’s. View attachment 282629
No straight razor for me.
I'd have to lather my face, then dial 9 and 1.
When I picked up the straight razor and started shaving, dial 1 again.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dorko razors? Never heard of them. I often think of my teacher in what now would be called Middle School telling the class that the reasons Indians didn't shave was because they pulled their whiskers out. She didn't know what she was talking about and screwed us kids up royally.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daily user is Grampa’s old Gillette safety razor but when I’m feeling manly I’ll use one of these. All from my great-grandfathers back, the bottom right one is from the late 1700’s. View attachment 282629
At 85 I don't trust myself with a straight razor anymore. Like the Dorco only it sounds kind of like a Dork.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually use a combination of these. I use the double edge razor when I'm not in a hurry, and the Dorco for when I am. And for those that might want to know, the Dorco brand are the same (or at least used to be) as what Dollar Shave Club sells. Except you can get them straight from Amazon and not have to worry about the DSC membership (just another thing to keep track of).

I purchased an electric foil shaver for under $20. It’s noisy, but does a decent job if I shave every day.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since retirement 5 years ago, I mostly use a Braun Series 7 electric razor I got as a gift. I wear a beard so I only shave my neck. When I need a really close shave I use a double edged razor and Feather brand blades.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No straight razor for me.
I'd have to lather my face, then dial 9 and 1.
When I picked up the straight razor and started shaving, dial 1 again.
Yep, it's a definite skill. I bought a nice straight razor and the first time I picked it up and started trying to figure out I'd shave various parts of my face, said NOPE. Good in theory, but you'd better be committed to a bloody learning curve. I wasn't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom