Razors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm into nostalgia I guess. Most days I shave with a Hart Steel Straight Razor, but I also have two vintage Gillette safety razors I like to use every so often - one Gillette Slim Adjustable made in 1968 (when I turned 16) and one Gillette Fat Boy Adjustable made in 1958. Of the two safety razors I prefer the Gillette Slim Adjustable.

Last edited:

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have my grandfathers straight razor, he was killed in an accident in 1934. My dad was a farmer and cut the neighbors, and us boys heir when he was young, and used this straight razor! I stil have his hair cutting tools, even the old manual clippers! I also still have dents in my head where he would tap us with the scissors, for moving while getting our hair cut as kids! Good memories!

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm into nostalgia I guess. Most days I shave with a Hart Steel Straight Razor, but I also have two vintage Gillette safety razors I like to use every so often - one Gillette Slim Adjustable made in 1968 (when I turned 16) and one Gillette Fat Boy Adjustable made in 1947. Of the two safety razors I prefer the Gillette Slim Adjustable.
Gillette Fatboys (one of my favorites) was made from 1958-62.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why waste money on razors when you can keep things super smooth and waste free with plucking them? You can get a seriously nice pair of tweezers for $20, and mine have lasted 20 years so far. It only sucks the first time trying to pluck everything at once. But maintinence isn’t bad if you stay on top of it.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BIC Comfort 3 blades stays sharp for a few shaves . Also use an old safety razor with Feather blades . I have tried dozens of DE blades and like Feather.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gerhard1 says "Razors??? What's that?"

1656715383015.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom