RCBS chargemaster lite problems?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been checking powder charges against my other scales and the chargemaster lite seems to throw +or- .1 grain about 1/3 of the time any idea on the reason? No electronics wind or phones to interfere with it

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its within the manufacture spec. If you want better accuracy than that, you gotta spend a lot more money. Like what @tRidiot said is it alarming for over or under. Or are you just checking every charge and seeing their off .1 either way? Unless everything else you have is perfect I don't think your ever gonna be able to blame that Chargemaster for accuracy issues. I let my Intellidropper do the throwing and I do the shooting. Your other option if you not worried about speed is have it throw a touch under then put on your beam scale and trickle it yourself. Personally if I am using the powder thrower I turn it on, warm it up a while. Then calibrate it and go to town.

upload_2020-5-10_18-1-14.png

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started having problems a few days ago when loading for the creedmoor as far as accuracy so checked it this morning against another scale (the chargemaster never showed under or over) and it would show + or -1 and my group was about an inch and a half came home loaded 5 on my old scale and shot the group I posted earlier less than an inch I haven’t done a lot of reloading but what I have this don’t add up

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting topic. I've been reading about different electronic powder droppers, and their pros & cons. I was going to create a new thread about it earlier today but saw some that were several years old covering the same topic. I didn't want to be redundant by creating another thread. The RCBS Chargemaster Lite is the one of the two that I am almost settled on. Interesting to hear what you're seeing and other's advice. It is appreciated. I'm tired of it taking multiple hours to scoop and trickle each round by hand. It's the one process that I don't really look forward to, but obviously understanding that it is a critically important step to get correct.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting topic. I've been reading about different electronic powder droppers, and their pros & cons. I was going to create a new thread about it earlier today but saw some that were several years old covering the same topic. I didn't want to be redundant by creating another thread. The RCBS Chargemaster Lite is the one of the two that I am almost settled on. Interesting to hear what you're seeing and other's advice. It is appreciated. I'm tired of it taking multiple hours to scoop and trickle each round by hand. It's the one process that I don't really look forward to, but obviously understanding that it is a critically important step to get correct.
Scooping and trickling is what I been doing the past couple years with no problems but yes it is time consuming and tedious that’s why #cowcather turned me on to this and I really like it I just don’t know wth is going on when I can go back to my old scale and everything goes back to normal

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you have to ask yourself. Is the time saved worth .5 moa? I guess it depends on your application. I have not seen a big enough difference in accuracy with my electronic powder droper to ever going back to throwing my own charges. Heck sometimes. I just run rifle ammo on my 550 and its still plenty good for anything besides bench rest shooting.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you have to ask yourself. Is the time saved worth .5 moa? I guess it depends on your application. I have not seen a big enough difference in accuracy with my electronic powder droper to ever going back to throwing my own charges. Heck sometimes. I just run rifle ammo on my 550 and its still plenty good for anything besides bench rest shooting.
I can’t live with 2 1/2 “ group for hunting when I can use the other scale and get less than an inch not being disrespectful but why should I

Latest posts

Top Bottom