1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

RCBS Chargemaster Lite

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Cowcatcher, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Cowcatcher

Cowcatcher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Finally got away from hand dropping and trickling powder. I've been gonna order one for a few months but I've been waiting for Frankford arsenals model to get in stock before I pulled the trigger. Finally got tired of seeing the "in stock" date being pushed back. I figured even after it hit the shelves I'd wait a while to see reviews. I'm ready to build ammo now. I debated and watched several videos on the chargemaster lite and Lyman gen6. I really think it was a toss up but my gut said go green.

IMG_3133.JPG
    I dropped 25-30 charges with it and it never missed by even 1 tenth. I set it to drop anywhere from .9 to 60gn. It consistently downshifted to trickle speed around .3 from the set charge. I tested it with H4895, so it should measure about anything with good results. This model cannot be adjusted for start speed or when it begins to trickle like the 1500 or Hornady. No FAQs explained what it does so I'll try n splain it for those interested. This isn't in any literature and only comes from my hands on experience with it.
    It has four "gears" including trickle and it selects the gear itself based on the charge weight you set it for.
    .9-10 grains: it throws in first gear then goes to trickle.
    11-20 grains: it throws in gear 2 then goes to trickle.
    21 grains and up it throws in gear 3 then goes to trickle.

2. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have the Hornady model. The only thing that screws any of them up is having a fan on that blows air across the pan. I hate loading in the summer.
    Thinking about partitioning off the shop into a super insulated reloading room with ac.

Cowcatcher likes this.
  3. Cowcatcher

Cowcatcher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    My reloading room is in the house so I've got heat/air. There is a vent in the ceiling on the opposite side of the room but it was blowing today and it seems like I'm gonna be ok.
    Two of my buddies have Hornadys and I'm one of those guys who like to be different.

dennishoddy likes this.
  4. slas

slas Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I found a chargemaster on craigslist a few years ago for a steal. It was still new in the box for a couple hundred. One of my best puchases ever for my reloading table. Last one was the Frankford arsenal prep center. I can pump em out now......

Cowcatcher likes this.