1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

RDIAS and RLL question

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Ride Da Fire, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Ride Da Fire

Ride Da Fire Sharpshooter

Since the eco going down badly and people trying to sell their cool toys to help out the family. I'm going to take advantage of this chance to buy me a REGISTERED auto sear or LL for my AR. But first I have a question before really look into it. If I bought an AUTO SEAR, can I drop it in any of my AR or I have to register the AR that I drop the sear in as a class III item?

what should I get? RDIAS or RLL (if Im lucky to find one)

2. blackknight22

blackknight22 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If you have a RDIAS, you can drop it into any AR15 lower that you want to use and with any length of barrel.
    I prefer the RDIAS over the lightning links. They just seem to work better for me and more durable.

3. 264Magnum

264Magnum Sharpshooter

What's an RDIAS going for these days?

4. Ride Da Fire

I find that the RLL is a little cheaper than RDIAS, it's kind of hard to find a drop in sear under 12K

5. blackknight22

Rating
    100%
  6. Ride Da Fire

Yeah, I found serverals colt on SUBGUN.COM around 12 - 14K. I wouldn't pay 13.5K for a sear, I rather get the lower instead.

11 - 13.5K

7. blackknight22

Rating
    100%
    Out of all of them I liked the receiver guns the best. Maybe it was because it was a factory original machine gun.

But the way I rank them in cool factor is,

1. Original factory Colt M16s
    2. Registered receiver guns
    3. Drop in auto sears
    4. lightning links

They can all work very well, just what I like.

8. 338Shooter

338Shooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Not necessarily. It depends of weather or not the lower is a low shelf or a high shelf. It will only work with a low shelf lower. The Spikes lower I have on my 9mm is a high shelf and will not work with either a RLL or RDIAS.s

With a RLL you don't have to buy a set of M16 fire control parts, with a RDIAS you do.

With a RDIAS you have to make sure you remove the M16 parts before you remove the RDIAS module.

If it were my money, I'd buy a registered receiver and be done with it.

9. blackknight22

Rating
    100%
    As far as being legal yes, you can install it in ANY lower AR15 lower. There are some of the lowers that have the high shelf that prevent the sear install. You can have a machinist mill it so the sear will fit.

If you use a lightning link and want safe-semi-auto you have to replace the semi auto parts with M16 fire control parts with a modification. If you want the safe-auto that the lightning links were originally made for you can use the AR15 parts.

And as mentioned if for some reason you remove the DIAS or LL you would need to remove the M16 FCP and shorter than 16" barrels.

10. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Some Spikes lowers are low shelf as well. It appears the use more than one manufacturer to build thier lowers. Mine were bought a few weeks apart.

The finish, engraving, roll stamps, and some of the machine work are different as well.