Ready for the summer heat? HVAC equipment shortage 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope it gets better soon and not worse. Acquiring equipment is getting really harder in some tonnages and product lines. Couple that with R-22 being virtually non existent anymore it may be a ***** for some poor souls this summer. Been doing kind of work for 32 years full time and never seen anything like it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It sure seems that this pandemic has been at the root of a lot more than just a virus and it's affect on our health .

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have an r22 unit on my old 69 camper and that thing will blow some freakin icicles. I am not replacing it until it fully croaks. And no, it has never leaked a drop into anything so I will save you the time.

Last edited:

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can R-22 or the new coolant-whichever one- be sucked or vacuumed out of units? I know where there are 5 huge units at a school that is going to be demolished. I asked about acquiring them at school board meeting the other night and was told I could have them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can R-22 or the new coolant-whichever one- be sucked or vacuumed out of units? I know where there are 5 huge units at a school that is going to be demolished. I asked about acquiring them at school board meeting the other night and was told I could have them.

Yes they make recovery units for that purpose. You can also pull vacuum on several R22 jugs and pull it out. Why I say several is the pressure will equalize between system and jug at which time you will have to hook up another jug, then another and so forth to recovery all of it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
No shortage at my house. Complete new unit.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yes. A recovery machine is needed to get the last bit of it but if possible I always start with a recovery cylinder that you put into an ice bath. It’s a very quick way to get the majority of the gas moved over just make sure you check your weight and not overfill

Latest posts

Top Bottom