Ready to collect mo data on 6.5 creedmoor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That program is only for Berger bullets of which you are not using.
I didn't read that anywhere in their info. I assumed since you could manually input bullet info it would work for all bullets.
EDIT: I found this
IMG_3228.PNG

Last edited:

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't read that anywhere in their info. I assumed since you could manually input bullet info it would work for all bullets.
EDIT: I found this
View attachment 126494

Don't get too wrapped around the axel with this stuff unless you plan to shoot into the next area code. I'm not familiar with how the program works but if it processes the bullet form factor internally (which is based on specific bullet measurements: nose length, nose profile, meplat diameter, boat tail angle and boat tail length) inputting your own data without these numbers will not produce correct data.

Edit: Well there ya go

Here's another useful tool to get you started if you don't have a ballistic calculator.
http://appliedballisticsllc.com/ballistics/

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't get too wrapped around the axel with this stuff unless you plan to shoot into the next area code. I'm not familiar with how the program works but if it processes the bullet form factor internally (which is based on specific bullet measurements: nose length, nose profile, meplat diameter, boat tail angle and boat tail length) inputting your own data without these numbers will not produce correct data.
How far is the next area code?
I'm gonna shoot everything from 100-1000yds and I may just keep going.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does the pointy end or the flat end of the bullet go in the shell case?

Interestingly enough, that has been tested. One of the gun rags put some in backwards and test fired them. At close range they actually held a reasonably decent group. Longer range, not so much. I’ll see if I can find a link.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, that has been tested. One of the gun rags put some in backwards and test fired them. At close range they actually held a reasonably decent group. Longer range, not so much. I’ll see if I can find a link.
That would look funny as hell if you had them on the bench and someone saw them. Send me the link if you find it. I can have some fun with my friends with them knowing I'm getting into loading.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its really pretty easy to tell. The pointed end helps guide the bullet into the case mouth for seating. However, a boat tail bullet is tapered on both ends making it universal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom