Real “undercover” boss type stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That all sounds real good when you say it real fast.

There isn't a business I know of that is not struggling desperately trying to find enough employees just to keep the doors open. They pretty much have to settle for whatever they can find.
THAT is why they have poor employees, THEY ACCEPT THEM.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 1st fired would be that so-called manager. Girl on phone, fired at the same time.

Our local Dollar General is the same way. Can't get down any aisle because of carts of inventory waiting to be stocked on the empty shelves. Usually 4 or 5 employees on the outside, smoking and on phone. Maybe 1 in the store.
At least they put in the self check registers, so you can get what you need.

In 19 years, I have been in that store less than 10 times.

A Family Dollar is being built. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Stay out of Dollar General. My wife calls it Generally Dollars. Reading glasses there are $8, and Dollar Tree is $1.25. Depending on what you want Dollar Tree isn't too bad. (craft stuff for the wife)
Also, BWW s offering $25 per hour they are so desperate.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stay out of Dollar General. My wife calls it Generally Dollars. Reading glasses there are $8, and Dollar Tree is $1.25. Depending on what you want Dollar Tree isn't too bad. (craft stuff for the wife)
Also, BWW s offering $25 per hour they are so desperate.
I was going to work for BWW but negotiations broke down around the number of wings included in their offer.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I was waiting on someone else to get their job done, I saw the trash had been bagged and placed inside the back door. Not doing anything I grabbed both bags and headed for the dumpster. By the time I got back, the guy had finished his job and I was ready to load my van for my delivery route.
After the delivery route was done I saw another bag and took it to the dumpster. I saw there was a bunch of dried mud in the entryway and scraped it up into a trash can then swept up the rest. When I twisted wrenches for a few months for an extra paycheck, when there was nothing for me to do I grabbed a broom and dustpan. I'm with you, I cannot just Eff off if I'm getting paid to work, I work.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have worked at a place where the boss and his boss told me to slow down.
A job that would have taken the 5 people he put on it about 2 hours had a bid time frame of nearly 2 weeks.
Yes government contractor.
10 years of working there and dealing with crybabies, idiots and slackers.
I finally snapped.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its no different where I work.

The amount of, its not my job, or I am on break after being there for an hour, or all the tik toc, facebook, instagram, snapchat bull crap that are more important gets to you.

Its enough to make me really hate going to work most days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom