Real “undercover” boss type stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
. Union job…. I have nothing against unions, aside from the fact that they seem to reward laziness and don’t reward hard work and effort.
The problem with Unions is that everyone gets paid the same.
Go getter, sham prince, whatever; they all get the same pay. It doesn't reward excellence.

Someone else decides what you are worth, and everyone is worth the same.

I never have, and will not, work a union job.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its no different where I work.

The amount of, its not my job, or I am on break after being there for an hour, or all the tik toc, facebook, instagram, snapchat bull crap that are more important gets to you.

Its enough to make me really hate going to work most days.
Yep, noticed a hell of a decline in customer service in the past several months.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I regularly ask our elderly or people with obvious mobility problems if they would like help out to their car with their groceries. More than one person -- and more than a few of them men -- have had a lot of difficulty holding back the tears. It saddens me that less than a generation ago it was the norm to have a young person working who helped anyone who needed it load their groceries into their car and now people are so shocked by a simple courtesy they can't speak. 😢

That saying you can't change the world but you can change someone's world comes to mind. I'm no saint, mind you, just an old retired lady who knows how she would like to be treated and tries to treat others that way. 🤷 I am happy to report that there are a couple of youngsters at work who are starting to question my "methods", wanting to know why I bother. I don't mind sharing my philosophy. Some day I will be required to move to another plane of existence, as we all will. I want karma to know without a shadow of a doubt that while I was far from perfect, at least my heart was sincere and I tried ... Because there were a couple of jobs where I did not try. In fact, I "might" have done everything in my power to make those people miserable before I left. I sincerely hope that when they think of me it sends a shiver down their spine and a tinge of fear in their heart. See?? I'm NOT perfect after all ... 😂😂😂 Now where's my broom ... 😉😁

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first job in the retail business was what they called a courtesy clerk where all we did was sack groceries and carry them out to the cars for the customers and was asked many of time if i would go home with them and help carry into the house which i had to turn them down even thou some i wanted to.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
" It saddens me that less than a generation ago it was the norm to have a young person working who helped anyone who needed it load their groceries into their car and now people are so shocked by a simple courtesy they can't speak."

And the generations before that, employees were there specifically to bag and carry out (not assist, if needed). No matter the customer age, gender or need.

My first job was at Safeway, as a carry out.

Our small, local grocery carries out EVERYBODY'S purchase. Most single bag, small purchases; the customer will carry out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"there's never nothing to do because there's always something that needs to be cleaned" - my first supervisor at my first regular paying job
If you have time to lean, you have time to clean was a sign in one department of a manufacturing facility I worked at back in the day. The supervisor enforced it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom