Real “undercover” boss type stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stay out of Dollar General. My wife calls it Generally Dollars. Reading glasses there are $8, and Dollar Tree is $1.25. Depending on what you want Dollar Tree isn't too bad. (craft stuff for the wife)
Also, BWW s offering $25 per hour they are so desperate.
I’ve seen multiple people post that on various other threads. What position are they paying 25 an hour for?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve seen multiple people post that on various other threads. What position are they paying 25 an hour for?

Man no kidding! When I got my first job in the legal field the brand new associate fresh outta law school was being billed at $25/hour. 😳 And NO it wasn't THAT long ago! :D:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::censored::crying::grumble::grumble::grumble::grumble::brick::naughty::lmfao::rotflmao:

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man no kidding! When I got my first job in the legal field the brand new associate fresh outta law school was being billed at $25/hour. 😳 And NO it wasn't THAT long ago! :D:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::censored::crying::grumble::grumble::grumble::grumble::brick::naughty::lmfao::rotflmao:

I know right. I have a good job and excellent pay but what the heck. May need to get me a side job a BWWs for 25 n hour. May be some free beer in it. Shoot. I’ve worked as a bouncer in bars for a hole lot less.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This reminds me of a NAPA I worked at part-time after I retired. Parts were just jammed anywhere there was an open spot on a shelf, consequently you could rarely could find what you were looking for. Delivery drivers and counter people would come in and leave whenever they wanted to. On-time to start their shift was sometime within an hour or two of when they were supposed to be there. You were never sure if some would come back from lunch once they left. The person scheduled to close the store MAY actually keep it open until the designated closing time, it just depended on how he or she felt and if they had plans that night. One female driver felt work was the place to catch up on the sleep she missed the previous night when she was out partying.

This was the norm and when I asked the manager why he didn't do something about it he said, besides retirees like me, those people were the best he could get. After hearing that I made some calls to other retirees I knew who were looking for something to do with their spare time. We ended up replacing all but a couple of the deadweight with people who took pride in doing a good job.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
That all sounds real good when you say it real fast.

There isn't a business I know of that is not struggling desperately trying to find enough employees just to keep the doors open. They pretty much have to settle for whatever they can find.
But WHY? How are so many people living, especially in this OUT OF CONTROL INFLATION, without working? Am I missing something here? This is the same everywhere we go, all over this country, and even GOOD paying jobs, with good benefits, can't fill positions? Something is going on here, but what?

Latest posts

Top Bottom