Real estate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inventory is 50% down from last year
Interest rates super low
I’ve been super busy with buyers but hard to find listings right now.

if you want to sell, now is the time but you better have a place to go!!

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can sure see the homes in one Ponca City neighborhood that put 24" centers on the roof, then used a single sheet of plywood for sheathing before applying the shingles. You can see every board in the roof profile.

Those roofs look horrible to. In the sun they are wavy as heck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha! Many would be shocked if I told you what I paid for my house in 2002 and what we will put it on the market for in about 8-9 months, if the market holds. Our particular area and even community is quite unique within the real estate market.

Since we already have a 500 acre ranch to hunt on in Creek County we will probably hold our cash and rent a home for a bit so we can properly look for and find the right property that best fits our needs and location. She/wife isn't exactly happy with this but i think she knows it makes the most sense.

One of you guys mentioned about your kids coming in to get you and move you to IL. Ummm, yeah, don't do that. I really don't care what your kids reasons are or what your health concerns are, but if you can, stay where you are and make appropriate accommodations with your doctors and kids to remain where you are until the bitter end.

Last edited:

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are being too hard on the dude moving to Illinois. It's got to be hard living far from the kids and grandkids. While not ideal for most, you have to love a state where gunfire is so overlooked, the range is literally out the front door.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When some goes up, all goes up.

Well, the cost of drywall adds to the overall cost of a house. a 4X8 sheet used to cost around$2.29 if I remember correctly and now it's close to $10.00.

My point being this - trying to blame Trump for the increase in drywall prices because of his tariffs in Canadian lumber is ridiculous.

There is no connection between the price of gypsum wallboard and Canadian lumber.

The increases are mostly due to mills being shut down because of the plague panic. Add in the riots in blue cities, and the refugees from same looking for housing.
Toss with a few hurricane damaged sites, sprinkle in some plague induced transportation problems. Bake with tens of thousands of people at home because of the plague panic, bored and looking for a project; which raises demand.

Blaming Trump for all this is foolish.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My point being this - trying to blame Trump for the increase in drywall prices because of his tariffs in Canadian lumber is ridiculous.
You misunderstood me, I was not blaming Trump for the cost of drywall, I was merely indicating that that was getting expensive and added to the overall cost of building a home as does all other materials that have gone up in price.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

There is no connection between the price of gypsum wallboard and Canadian lumber.

The increases are mostly due to mills being shut down because of the plague panic. Add in the riots in blue cities, and the refugees from same looking for housing.
Toss with a few hurricane damaged sites, sprinkle in some plague induced transportation problems. Bake with tens of thousands of people at home because of the plague panic, bored and looking for a project; which raises demand.

Blaming Trump for all this is foolish.

I didn't realize trump was apart of the conversation. I was talking building materials in general, not steel. The hike in steel is 100% trumps fault.

Latest posts

Top Bottom