Real I.D. tomorrow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My birthday is in a few days so my drivers license expires the end of this month so I'm going to go ahead and get one of them Real I.D.'s.

I read about all kinds of things to take so I gathered up a bunch of stuff today that should be more than ample to prove to them that I am in fact me and then I gave the tag agency a call and told them what I was bringing........I figured that she'd say, "you don't need to bring such and such" but she said, "that should be sufficient".

List;
Birth certificate.
DD214.
Deed to home.
Property tax bill.
A OG&E bill.
VA card.
Drivers license.
Conceal carry permit (which was actually listed as proof of i.d.).
Old dog eared (but legible) social security card.

Drivers licenses for old farts like me are free once a person hits 65, not sure about the Real I.D is or not but it makes no difference either way.........it's first come first serve and I plan on being there when the open tomorrow morning at 0830 hrs.

I'm not prone to taking a lot of guff that early in the morning (especially after telling her today what I planned on bringing) so I hope that it goes smooth. :)

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
the only thing that got me is at least in OKC you will NOT get service for ANYTHING at a tag agency without some stupid appointment. appointment of course is $5 or so, nonrefundable, and yeah they are booked for weeks.

of course there is no one in the building being helped, no one waiting, but TRUST THEM THEY ARE BOOKED.

if norman is doing appointment only, i would suggest going to Jones. that's where i went last year and i was legit in and out in like thirty seconds and it was very friendly.

i can't STAND the attitude of the some of the women working at tag agencies. it's ridiculous. i witnessed one hurting an old woman trying to get finger prints and i swear to God i almost jumped the counter.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the only thing that got me is at least in OKC you will NOT get service for ANYTHING at a tag agency without some stupid appointment. appointment of course is $5 or so, nonrefundable, and yeah they are booked for weeks.

of course there is no one in the building being helped, no one waiting, but TRUST THEM THEY ARE BOOKED.

if norman is doing appointment only, i would suggest going to Jones. that's where i went last year and i was legit in and out in like thirty seconds and it was very friendly.

i can't STAND the attitude of the some of the women working at tag agencies. it's ridiculous. i witnessed one hurting an old woman trying to get finger prints and i swear to God i almost jumped the counter.
I specifically ask the gal if a appointment was need and she said no that it was first come first serve just like getting a regular drivers license.......if there's a long line I'll leave and come back another day or go some place else.

Just have to wait and see how it goes.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I specifically ask the gal if a appointment was need and she said no that it was first come first serve just like getting a regular drivers license.......if there's a long line I'll leave and come back another day or go some place else.

Just have to wait and see how it goes.
One thing I hate about the tag place is you can talk to 3 different gals and get 3 different answers. Or 5 o 6 answers if one or more gals is chatty...

Good Luck brother

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does the free over 65 apply to class B license also? If not im hoping when the time comes next year to get just a reg class D, dont need a real ID for anything unless it gets to the point i have to go thru check point from one county to the next.

Latest posts

Top Bottom