Real I.D. tomorrow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If my license expires in May of this year, when should I begin my renewal? I know if you try to renew it too soon it doesn't actually renew but just reissues the same expiration date. Or at least they used to.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If my license expires in May of this year, when should I begin my renewal? I know if you try to renew it too soon it doesn't actually renew but just reissues the same expiration date. Or at least they used to.
My drivers regular license showed that it would expire at the end of this month (1-31-2023) because this is my birthday month.......I renewed on Jan. 4th and my Real ID shows a expiration date of 1-31-2031.

Getting a Real ID is not mandatory that I know of but I just figured what the heck since I've got to renew my drivers license anyway I'll just go ahead and get one.

Last edited:

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No & do you travel alot?

I got my new DL about 3 months ago,
I opted out of the "Real ID" when I was asked. I had ?s, & the answers didn't really relate to anything I do, so I said I didn't need one.
Haha! I have flight benefits but it's difficult to fly.
I'd rather drive so maybe my fake ID is good enough.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember to take: Social Insecurity Card, Original Birth Certificate; Passport (If you have one); Active/Retired Military I.D. and/or DD214 and/or Veteran I.D. (Vets); BIA Indian Card (Indians); Marriage License (Married Women).

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember to take: Social Insecurity Card, Original Birth Certificate; Passport (If you have one); Active/Retired Military I.D. and/or DD214 and/or Veteran I.D. (Vets); BIA Indian Card (Indians); Marriage License (Married Women).
Also two documents verifying your residence e.g. utility bill, mortgage statement, cable bill, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom