Real I.D. tomorrow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went pretty smooth but had about a one hour wait.

They took all my proof of who I am at around 8:35 and told me that they'd be ready for me at 9:30.......didn't want to just sit there in the lobby like a bump on a log for an hour so I drove a couple of blocks south to Atwood's and drooled over the guns then came back at 9:30 and was out in about ten minutes.

Sounds pretty smooth going for you. Wife and I went last summer and it was an 8 hr wait in Norman tag office. Ridiculous amount of time, we left and came back later. I called about 6 different tag offices at the time. Things have really calmed down now. Cost over 65 was 0.

Woodman 59

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My birthday is in a few days so my drivers license expires the end of this month so I'm going to go ahead and get one of them Real I.D.'s.

I read about all kinds of things to take so I gathered up a bunch of stuff today that should be more than ample to prove to them that I am in fact me and then I gave the tag agency a call and told them what I was bringing........I figured that she'd say, "you don't need to bring such and such" but she said, "that should be sufficient".

List;
Birth certificate.
DD214.
Deed to home.
Property tax bill.
A OG&E bill.
VA card.
Drivers license.
Conceal carry permit (which was actually listed as proof of i.d.).
Old dog eared (but legible) social security card.

Drivers licenses for old farts like me are free once a person hits 65, not sure about the Real I.D is or not but it makes no difference either way.........it's first come first serve and I plan on being there when the open tomorrow morning at 0830 hrs.

I'm not prone to taking a lot of guff that early in the morning (especially after telling her today what I planned on bringing) so I hope that it goes smooth. :)
FYI if you have a V A card you don't have to get a real ID. They will work at airports, gov't buildings, etc.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds pretty smooth going for you. Wife and I went last summer and it was an 8 hr wait in Norman tag office. Ridiculous amount of time, we left and came back later. I called about 6 different tag offices at the time. Things have really calmed down now. Cost over 65 was 0.

Don't know if it makes any difference or not but I used LaNoy tag agency on SW 24th. Ave.

https://lanoy-tag-agency.business.site/

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't you have to get an OK DL with in 30 days of moving here?
It used to be once you'd lived here for 60 days, you had to title your car here and get an OKDL. I think there may have been carve-outs for college students and military, but it really made no difference; I never saw that particular law enforced. Heck, they don't even do anything about the expired paper tags these days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom