Real ID Compliance v.s. SDA ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParatusForty-Six

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HGL is an HGL and shouldn't have an impact unless you're presenting it to get into a facility covered under REAL ID.

One potential unintended consequence to this whole goat rope is:

What do you do with that first bus load of kids going to the OKC MEPS? Are the FPS guys going to let them in?

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at your SDA Act booklet. In every instance, another form of state issued ID is required to be presented when presenting the SDA permit. The SDA permit is NOT an acceptable form of ID on it's own and it doesn't help comply with REAL ID.

https://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_LAW_BOOK.pdf

Helpful information. Thank you. In my study of the SDA book I must have missed that part.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at your SDA Act booklet. In every instance, another form of state issued ID is required to be presented when presenting the SDA permit. The SDA permit is NOT an acceptable form of ID on it's own and it doesn't help comply with REAL ID.

https://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_LAW_BOOK.pdf

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161013_b12be387e2f8ba19588a60f26fe8dc42.jpg

Except the state lists it as an acceptable form of primary id?
The basic requirements of real id requires the states to keep certain info on hand in a linked databases, some enhanced security features and multiple id's to get the license. The oklahoma sda card meets these requirements. I'm not trying to suggest anyone should rely on it as a primary id and wouldnt use mine to board an aircraft probably but it should work at most fed buildings ect in a pinch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not trying to suggest anyone should rely on it as a primary id and wouldnt use mine to board an aircraft probably but it should work at most fed buildings ect in a pinch.

TSA specifically excludes weapon permits as acceptable ID. No getting past the security zone checkpoint with it.
As said a few times already, the OHL is not Real ID compliant, so don't expect for it to be accepted for entry to fed buildings, etc. that require ID.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161013_b12be387e2f8ba19588a60f26fe8dc42.jpg

Except the state lists it as an acceptable form of primary id?
The basic requirements of real id requires the states to keep certain info on hand in a linked databases, some enhanced security features and multiple id's to get the license. The oklahoma sda card meets these requirements. I'm not trying to suggest anyone should rely on it as a primary id and wouldnt use mine to board an aircraft probably but it should work at most fed buildings ect in a pinch.

Ill stand corrected. Maybe it's place by place but like I said the bank wouldn't take them and the restaurants I worked at wouldn't either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom