Received a shipment at work with the WRONG items in the box!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thousands of years ago lol... I worked for a large company that manufactured sealing material (o-rings, gaskets. etc). We once received a large box (4' per side) of a special raw material used in farm tractor pump seals. The box arrived from Manchester England. Underneath the raw material, the entire floor of the box was covered in small boxes of Twinkies! Despite a lot of effort, we never found out how that happened... eventually, the Twinkies turned out to be delicious!

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The company I work for ships things nationwide. We will always have some yahoo missing the scans that would catch the wrong items pulled.. Or some yahoo will swap shipping labels on boxes. What is starting to piss me off is the attitude of fedex these days. Just my location gives them around 100k a month. when the covid crap started we lost our account rep. Now we have no contact for issues other than the normal customer support number. With carless fed ex employees that remove labels. drop product. split shipments. problem hubs like Edmond. hutchins tx.. most hubs in Arkansas. Ive been switching more of my problem customers to UPS. At least the same issues will come better dressed with matching socks.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember one time we were flying in Air Force aircraft and we forgot a backpack. We notified the people where we'd left he backpack and they said they'd found it and will ship it to us within a week. They kept their word, in about a week we received a large box and when we opened it found a laptop and many feet of coaxial. We never did find out what was ont he laptop because we called them back and they said send it back, we still have the laptop and we'll send it this time. They actually did ship it that day! Who knows, maybe the laptop remotely controlled the Big Button?

STS11

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today we received a package from one of our manufacturers that we work with. It was supposed to contain some software and some parts for an upcoming project.

Well, it contained the items listed above, but they also seemed to think that we would like to get a brand new marijuana grow light as well. No joke. Makes you wonder what a grow light is doing in a slot machine manufacturing warehouse in Reno, NV. We emailed them back, with pictures, and asked them if they wanted the grow light back! It took about all of 3 minutes for the emails to start flying and my phone to start ringing!

We are shipping it back tomorrow. Their 'VP of Global Transit' wanted it shipped back directly to him. I guess he's none too happy about pot products being in his warehouse, haha!

View attachment 228982

View attachment 228983

Last year, around Christmas time, we were waiting on shipment from a different company. When it came in, it wasn't the software we were needing, but rather Tequila Lime and Coconut drink mix. We attributed it to possibly being holiday party supplies that got mixed up with our order. That was a pretty good one, but this one beats it in my book.
Today we received a package from one of our manufacturers that we work with. It was supposed to contain some software and some parts for an upcoming project.

Well, it contained the items listed above, but they also seemed to think that we would like to get a brand new marijuana grow light as well. No joke. Makes you wonder what a grow light is doing in a slot machine manufacturing warehouse in Reno, NV. We emailed them back, with pictures, and asked them if they wanted the grow light back! It took about all of 3 minutes for the emails to start flying and my phone to start ringing!

We are shipping it back tomorrow. Their 'VP of Global Transit' wanted it shipped back directly to him. I guess he's none too happy about pot products being in his warehouse, haha!

View attachment 228982

View attachment 228983

Last year, around Christmas time, we were waiting on shipment from a different company. When it came in, it wasn't the software we were needing, but rather Tequila Lime and Coconut drink mix. We attributed it to possibly being holiday party supplies that got mixed up with our order. That was a pretty good one, but this one beats it in my book.
Last year I ordered some 9mm ammo. I received 12 bottles of toilet bowl cleaner. When I told the shipper, they reshipped.

Latest posts

Top Bottom