Recommend a dealer to go with for an SBR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks Hump66 for the info and the offer to help me with this. I will put a pic up when I get her put together. 6 + months that is.

Last edited:

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Southwest Engravers, down on Classen I believe. I did my SBR as an individual, and my cans are on a trust. Trust saves you a trip to the Sheriff's office. If you want to use multiple calibers, list all that you would want to use, I don't believe they will approve if it just states "multiple".

This has changed. They sent mine and others back that list other calibers. Only list the intended caliber and none other.

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OTOH, getting a factory SBR means you don't have to engrave your info on the side. Looks better and saves you the cost/hassle of engraving.

Up side to engraving is you can keep and use the lower in any configuration the non-NFA law allows while you wait for the papers to come back.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for this info. Sucks to hear this, but at least It can save me some hassle.

It doesn't change anything. You can still have multiple calibers. They just don't want you listing it in that box. You don't have to list any other calibers but if you do, it has to be on another attached sheet.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Southwest Engravers is doing four receivers for me next Friday. Steve @ CHA recommended them. $10 per with same day service beats the heck out of $60 plus shipping and a 30-60 day wait for some out-of-state engravers.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard that the quality of work is outstanding but occasionally getting it done can be problematic for one reason or another. I had an appointment made two weeks prior to last Friday for three receivers. Unfortunately that turned to be the day after her 13 year old son stole her van in the night and upon recovery it was found to be inoperable. She was understandably upset and unable to complete the work. I will try again this Friday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom