Recommend a Pocket Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's already been ton of good advice on here, but I figure I would throw in my .02. I carry a 3.3" XDS 9mm daily IWB, and I love it. Easy to hide, easy to carry and practice with, reliable as I could ever want. Prob shot 3-4K rounds through it with two malfunctions, both from the hornaday critical duty ammo not feeding properly due to the hollow point insert getting gummed up on the feed ramp. The only things I have done to the pistol is grip tape on the grip/strategic locations, and polished the feed ramp a little bit. As long as I wear an undershirt so that the grip tape doesn't rub me raw, the with the combination of a good holster, and a kydex gun belt, I can wear it all day, run around, do errands, and not have to worry about discomfort or having to adjust anything.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to pocket carry a lot. LCP or 642. I reassessed my concealed carry regiment and other variables unique to our day and time and I quit. Sure it's handy and everything, but quality holsters make carrying a gun that is actually useful so convenient that it's not worth the compromise to me. YMMV

PS. People that justify pocket carry by saying "it's better than no gun" are fooling themselves.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to pocket carry a lot. LCP or 642. I reassessed my concealed carry regiment and other variables unique to our day and time and I quit. Sure it's handy and everything, but quality holsters make carrying a gun that is actually useful so convenient that it's not worth the compromise to me. YMMV

PS. People that justify pocket carry by saying "it's better than no gun" are fooling themselves.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I know you have a lot of experience in firearms just from OSA...but can you please tell me why you think people are "fooling themselves" re: pocket carry? Seriously, I've been around a long time, and I sometimes pocket carry a J-Frame when dress and location so requires. It's not my first choice, but I'm confident it can do the job if need be. So why or how am I "fooling" myself ? I'm interested in what you have to say, seriously.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My statement had less to do with the method of carry and more to do with the gun itself. Keep in mind I didn't mean it is useless, just that times have changed from 20 years ago when we all planned and trained for an encounter of "up close and personal" 2 shots and its over.

That is not the case anymore, we now have a more likely chance of a multiple assailant (terror) attack or an assailant with something much more aggressive than a handgun (think bomb).

Its just something I have thought about over the last few years of watching the news and seeing how trainers have adapted their programs to be less about one-on-one encounters and "hands-on" attacks.

I probably should have said something like "don't fool yourself into thinking you only need a pocket gun for modern day defensive situations"

Again, these are only my opinions

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I probably should have said something like "don't fool yourself into thinking you only need a pocket gun for modern day defensive situations"
I think the operative word here is "only." What I understand you as saying is to not count on a pocket pistol as a single defensive weapon. That would go with the "two is one and one is none" school of thought. I realize it's only your opinion but it is something to consider.

Edit: I should have said "sole" instead of "single."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom