Recommend a scope for 45-70

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t decide to go full size or compact. It’s a stainless gun so it needs to be silver. I’d like to keep in the $300 range. Give me your opinions as to which direction to go. I’m usually not a fan of scopes on lever guns but this is kinda my wife’s gun and she shoots better with a scope.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t decide to go full size or compact. It’s a stainless gun so it needs to be silver. I’d like to keep in the $300 range. Give me your opinions as to which direction to go. I’m usually not a fan of scopes on lever guns but this is kinda my wife’s gun and she shoots better with a scope.
I'm impressed - that's a lot of gun for a lady.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
D3117EA4-FBD0-4B27-AC51-2A4B01924345.jpeg

Burris 2-7x pistol scope on one of mine.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sexist!

My gf will shoot anything I own, and come back for more. From .22 up through 12 gauge and .50 Beowulf. She loved that last caliber, but it was just too expensive for casual plinking.
Ha Ha. My wife did fine with .38 Special and liked it. I loaded some .357 Magnum and she was done after the first round down the pipe.

I like shooting my 45-70 - 4 or 5 rounds. The insulation on the range cover falls on me after each shot.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not familiar with a 45-70, but I put a 4x (Weaver) on my first .30-06 and it worked great.

I wouldn't go with a variable unless she really knows what she's doing. Options can confuse some folks when the heat's on.

Just my two cents. Your call. :drunk2:

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Red Dot of your choice. I had one of the browning repops they made in the mid 80's, at 50 yards i could see the hole it punched into the target. don't try to make it into something it isn't, i.e. a long range shooter,,,but if you do try better get a set of rings with the built in 20mil elevation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom