Recommend a scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
However, I have a problem borrowing things. I almost hate to do it because it makes me a nervous wreck to be in possession of and responsible for someone else's stuff.
Same here. Borrowed a 2 bottom moldboard plow once with a frame that had been broken and welded back together. I was just breaking a small garden plot and figured it would surely last through that.

I was wrong. :/

Plowed a few minutes and it broke in the same spot. Someone had run one bead around the break, with very little penetration.

I spent several hours tapering each side, aligning it, and welding it back to 100%. All for about 20 minutes worth of plowing.

For some reason, folks I've loaned stuff to don't generally have the same principles.
:drunk2:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. Borrowed a 2 bottom moldboard plow once with a frame that had been broken and welded back together. I was just breaking a small garden plot and figured it would surely last through that.

I was wrong. :/

Plowed a few minutes and it broke in the same spot. Someone had run one bead around the break, with very little penetration.

I spent several hours tapering each side, aligning it, and welding it back to 100%. All for about 20 minutes worth of plowing.

For some reason, folks I've loaned stuff to don't generally have the same principles.
:drunk2:

You did the right thing, my philosophy has always been return it in better condition then you borrowed it. Sounds like you have friends that knew you were this way, and that you’d fix it correctly. Speaking of ......do .......you need to borrow anything I’ll see if I Have something that needs fixing :blush:

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i gave up on Vortex scopes, changing the magnification on the variable scopes required me to adjust spot weld on all of them i've had. but it is good glass and if you can accept moving your head to get new eye relief on every magnification change,,,get em. I have a couple of Primary Arms...i like them...have several Nikons and like them too

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what did you end up getting, or are you still trying to decide? I put a nikon prostaff 3-9x40 on my RAR with vortex hunter medium rings (about $20 on amazon) and it shoots very good. under 1" @100yds with Hornady SST steel case ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom