Recommendation on Vacation Ideas within 1 day drive from Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Lmao what did I just read.
Really, place is wild if you read about its history and all about the surrounding areas.

What is amazing is what they did in 2020 to (help their image). Some even went as far to edit their Wikipedia page about the town.

I find that kind of historical stuff pretty fascinating.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@MilitantBEEMER

How far are you actually wanting to drive? Colorado Springs is quite a distance from where you’re at… and the quickest way to get there is through boring ol Kansas.

Don’t get me wrong it’s worth it but to drive 10 hours there and 10 hours back… eh.
We are not excited about that part. We would likely drive all the way through Oklahoma to see the panhandle.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
depends on what you want. Scenic/ shows/ shopping etc..
But- scenice - hiking- Mt View Arkansas is very scenic, river fishing, hiking, awesome caves, reasonable prices versus others/ folk music capitol of the world if you are into that. Lots of scenery withing an hour of mt view AR. 4.5 hours from Tulsa area.
I was there on memorial weekend +
ARBNB cheaper than most and more available, go to restaurant at 6pm and no traffic to deal with and no waiting in line. I have been to Broken bow. but if you are looking a quiet getaway, my suggestion is mt view. ark. like the world hasn't found it yet.
at least when I was there.
We will look into that. Thank you for the suggestion

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the wife and I are finally getting some time off the first week of July. We are looking for ideas of places to go and visit that are within a one day drive. We are also not looking to break the bank. Any suggestions for West or East? (Not to interested in Texas)
I know many of you are well traveled. Thank you in advance.
PS It needs to be a pet friendly trip. Our pup is to young to board.

Not sure of what all you want to see or do, but if you are seriously considering Colorado, check out some of the pictures I have taken in the Colorado Springs/Canon City area. Colorado Springs has a neat zoo, and in Old Colorado City is a neat "museum" called Michael Garmin's Magic Town. (He is a sculpture that has created a "city-scape" in the back of his store.)

Some pictures of the areas around Colorado Springs and Canon City (including Magic Town) are at my Smugmug site. Maybe you will see something in the pictures to interest you.

Terry Miller Smugmug Colorado Pictures

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me and the grandson loaded up on the infused honey like "peach" and the wifey stocked up on some of the Honey Whiskeys they make there.... Nice little distillery inside....
Ok I saw it.

Bass and ‘bows out of the same lake on a fly rod up here…

Attachments

• IMG_1986.jpeg
    IMG_1986.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1985.jpeg
    IMG_1985.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom