Recommendations for a suppressor for 6.5CM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Firstly, Im not looking for a direct thread model (though may end up with that). Im interested in a quick detach model for use with somthing like a BattleComp

Mostly Im seeing that the type I am looking for, are mostly 30 cal supressors. So 2nd question is, is how much differnce is there (sound wise) when shooting 6.5cm through a 30 cal suppressor?

edl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would suggest trying to understand the problems with the QD mounts and pick a good mounting system. There are companies which offer aftermarket improvements for some mounts. Some of the interfaces are less than desirable. A good dealer should be able to give you basic information. Then read on forums. I would obsess the LEAST over a dB or two. Get a good mount.

And, most people will talk up what THEY own, cuz it’s the best, like Chevy, or dodge, or…… you get the picture……

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are wanting to use a battle comp it looks like your only options are Silencer Co ASR style mount and AAC 51T mounts. The 51T isn’t really the best for precisision, they can be a little sloppy. I don’t have any experience with the ASR mounts. Check out pewscience.com they have data on sound suppression levels for different suppressors.

I have an AAC SDN6 30 caliber suppressor that uses the 51T mounts.

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rearden atlas mount on can with Rearden or Liberty precision muzzle device. or cherrybomb mount= same thing
Good solid items. I run them on all my guns. Never a problem.
Run a .30 cal can
Your only talking 30 thousandths or so difference and you'll never really notice it.
Research the cans and read up on what your wanting to do with it. Ask Questions !
Don't go with so & so brand cause a bunch of people are hyped up on it. Research.
Basically short can loud, Long can quieter.
Just Research it. Buy once, cry once.
Different cans for different uses and ranges.
If your going for long distance 600yd to 1 mile find some facebook long distance groups and see what people are using.
They are different than the spray and pray shooters.
A lot of long distance people go with one that the first and last baffles are NOT clipped.
Seems quieter and less point of impact shift.
Sorry I can't really recommend a particular brand of can as I build my own.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the screw on Liberty Black Raven II .30 Cal and I enjoy it but I’m looking for something to use with my AAC 51t and it’s friend the Blast Cap or whatever it is called.

Have fun!

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3B4C90B7-4333-4BC7-B790-50378E0C3AD6.jpegI have the Silencerco Omega 300. I have used it on my 6.5 CM. Works well for me.

Okmedic08

Marksman
Reaction score
Shoot my 6.5 through a Rex silentium mgx .30 cal can it’s very quiet. Banish 30, nomad and trash panda are just a few good suggestions. Dead air has new mounts that look promising. Cherry bomb is also a good system

ZacharyMartin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dead Air Sandman-S or -L hands down. Uses the keymo QD system. I would also suggest adding the e-brake at the end for further suppression/recoil mgmt.

Can also be used with your 556 AR’s, AK’s or 300 BO’s

Latest posts

Top Bottom