Recommendations for Booking Airline Tickets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So who do you recommend for buying airline tickets? Expedia.com? Travelocity? TripAdvisor? Hopper (an app for your phone) Others?

It's amazing the differences in roundtrip fares when you search these sites! And it differs from airline to airline; city to city who is cheapest to use. I am going to be booking flights to Maine for next summer, and am getting tired of looking at different travel sites...I need good 'ol OSA advice from you guys who travel a lot as to who to use to buy tickets.

I want to fly roundtrip from OKC to either Portland, Maine or Bangor, Maine in July of next year. It's equidistant (1 1/2 hours drive time) to my final destination, Rockland, Maine, by rent-a-car from either city so whichever destination gets me the best flight there wins my money. I really don't care which airline we fly on; I like Southwest but that doesn't seem to be an option...

Help! Travel experts; help!

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are flying Southwest into Boston in October. The fares were pretty cheap. Boston is about 3 1/2 hours from Rockland. I'm sure that there are many more options for flying into Boston than into Maine.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use Priceline, Expedia, and Travelocity to search, but I book directly with the Airlines. Southwest will not show up on third party sites, so make sure and check them.

I have never had to pay more going direct, but there might be some hotel advantages to be gained using third party sites.

Shop and read the change/cancelation rules very carefully.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are flying Southwest into Boston in October. The fares were pretty cheap. Boston is about 3 1/2 hours from Rockland. I'm sure that there are many more options for flying into Boston than into Maine.

Yeah, but it’s a 4 1/2 hour drive from Boston to Rockland. There’s a puddle jumper, Cape Air, that flys Boston to Rockland but I’d have to fetch and recheck luggage. Might not be worth the trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom