Recommendations for Booking Airline Tickets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t you used to jump out of airplanes for the Corp for a living? Just find one that’s flying close by and hop out.

It's not the hopping out part that is the problem. It's the being able to get up off the ground with all body parts intact and functioning part. I'm not quite as flexible, bendable and impervious to injury as I used to be...

Plus, there's the issue of my wife going as well. She has long held the belief that those who leap from an aircraft in flight are certifiable. I don't need to give her any other box to check off at this time.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not the hopping out part that is the problem. It's the being able to get up off the ground with all body parts intact and functioning part. I'm not quite as flexible, bendable and impervious to injury as I used to be...

Plus, there's the issue of my wife going as well. She has long held the belief that those who leap from an aircraft in flight are certifiable. I don't need to give her any other box to check off at this time.

How about if we pitched in for a dozen rolls of bubble wrap each for the two of you.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
It's not the hopping out part that is the problem...there's the issue of my wife going as well..
In the mid '80s I used to fly a tiny regional airline in PA to the Philadelphia airport. They would weigh each passenger and their luggage.
There was this industrial scale with giant dial right behind the ticket counter and everyone had to get on it...needless to say the ladies freaked out with the results for everyone to see. As the plane taxied away from the gate the co-pilot would jump out so we would not exceed the weight limit of the plane. It was hilarious..

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A significant issues arises holding a third party sold ticket when flights get rescheduled, cancelled, or overbooked. Unless it's changed, the actual ticket stock is tied to the seat and that's who you have to deal with for changes etc. While an airline might try to accommodate you, they can also tell you to contact the seller of their seat. I almost always book directly with the airline even after checking the third party sites for pricing.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost always book directly with the airline even after checking the third party sites for pricing.

And I've noticed while the sites are nice as aggregators, the flights are the same price directly through the airlines in my experience. It's only come into play for me when I get a package discount applied to a hotel or resort when booking a flight with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom