Recommendations for Booking Airline Tickets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know where you want to fly but try ASAPtickets.com for international and skyscanner.com. Skyscanner will go the all the sites and give you the prices. And I read that when you go to one site and check the prices and then return to that site at. later point the prices will change and to avoid that (they know you've been there) delete cookies on your computer and it is supposed to eliminate the variance in price.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been doing a number of flights from Lawton to Portland, OR and AA has actually better fares than expedia by a few bucks. Plus you get more options sometime with seat selection.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m think I’m going to go ahead and buy my tickets now. If gas goes up, as the experts are saying it is likely to do soon, then the cost of flying will too. I’ve cleared my browser, am even going to use another PC, and buying direct through American Airlines, thanks to all the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a notification that the price dropped from $577 to $504 each for R/T tickets for the flights I want. Breaking out the VISA Card and locking it in. I don’t think it’s gonna get much lower so I’m gonna snag it and be done with it. Cruise is done; got the cabin I wanted reserved; B&B for a couple of nights prior to the cruise is set and paid for. Now all I have left to deal with is to reserve the rental car and a nice hotel in Bangor for the night before the flight home. I even know where we’re going to go for dinner the first night in Rockland! Place is called “Claws”, it’s a little lobster shack with great reviews and highly recommended to me by several folks in town we’ve dealt with so far. Could I have an extra cup of the drawn butter please? I’ll need it for the giant lobster(S) I’m going to have.

Last edited:

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anyone was looking to book, according to the data from Triple-A, today is the cheapest day to book Thanksgiving travel, and to.orrow is cheapest to book xmas travel. At least, it has been for the last three years.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To start a search, cheap O air. Make sure to allow flexible times if you want cheaper prices, -3 days on the leave and +3 days on the return. I generally set a thursday for leaving and tuesday for return as well usually the cheapest flights will be during the week unless there is a holiday. Once you find an airline that is cheap check their site directly or search some others to see if a better offer is available. However remember that a lot of sites will not include the taxes and fees that you may incur when flying so if one site lists the price way less than cheap O air then they probably didn't add them on. My flight to Jamaica is actually only about 350 round trip, however it's about another 150 in taxes and fees including a "departure" fee from Jamaica that you have to pay before you are allowed to leave.

If you want to go super cheap booking your own legs can also work. For instance I was looking at tickets to Europe at one point, don't ask why... I just wanted to run away at one point after my wife died. Flying from Chicago to certain places was cheaper but the flights showing up all wanted to route through New York. I started making my own setup and if I remember right spending one night and was able to drop the price by almost 300 bucks. Also in Europe don't feel you have to fly into the place you want to go, look up a Euro rail pass and see if you can fly someplace closer then take the train. You may have more stops but if you have the time why not enjoy the trip as well. Plus just going to a particular airport may be cheaper by quite a bit and then a cheap train ride to your destination is a simple way to save. Also Europe has a lot of regional flights that are really cheap at times so getting to a major destination and then switching to something that is regional can save a bunch.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just decided which airport I wanted to fly into on a certain day and at a time that I wanted to fly, and with an arrival time that suited me best and bought my tickets right off American Airlines website. We aren’t flying until next June, but I noticed flights, bed and breakfasts, and good hotels for the Summer in coastal Maine are already booking up! Reserved my rental car too so now, we just have to get through the winter and then go! Probably go down to the Florida Keys for a few days in Jan or Feb to break up the cold weather, so it won’t be too bad. But I did find Googleflights.com to be the best online source for this particular trip anyway. I didn’t want to screw around with a third party seller so I researched flights that way, and then bought directly from the airline. Price was the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom