Recommendations for Manual Can Opener

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Multi functional too

Attachments

• battle axe.jpg
    battle axe.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 30

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m about to give up trying to find a manual can opener that will work on a reliable basis for more than a few cans. I don’t complain about much, but I’m extremely aggravated that I can’t find a good quality manual can opener. Any recommendations?
Isn’t that the truth. Junk is all they sell. I bought a old wall mounted one that you hold the can up to and snap the lever down like they used in school cafeterias got it a flea mkt problem solved. Or you might try some restaurant supply houses that’s where I get alot of my utensils and stuff they are actually pretty cheap prices and you wife would probably find stuff also Anyway just a thought

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hit up antique stores. dealt with the SAME issue, had guests over, bought a brand new can opener for like $20, sprang for the expensive one. it broke on the FIRST CAN i used it on, had to HACK into the next one just to get my can of coconut milk open.

went around the antique stores, found a REAL STEEL one for $6, it's been perfect. likewise, when i needed a manual food mill for pulping persimmons, i also found several to choose from by making an antique store run. one of them was in great condition, for WAY cheaper than a new one would cost, and i know the new one would immediately break on me anyway.

don't trust anything new being made. people are shaving everywhere they
hit up antique stores. dealt with the SAME issue, had guests over, bought a brand new can opener for like $20, sprang for the expensive one. it broke on the FIRST CAN i used it on, had to HACK into the next one just to get my can of coconut milk open.

went around the antique stores, found a REAL STEEL one for $6, it's been perfect. likewise, when i needed a manual food mill for pulping persimmons, i also found several to choose from by making an antique store run. one of them was in great condition, for WAY cheaper than a new one would cost, and i know the new one would immediately break on me anyway.

don't trust anything new being made. people are shaving everywhere they can, literally.
That’s my plan and I’m also going to try the SwingAway brand. You taken that BDA out to shoot yet?

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn’t that the truth. Junk is all they sell. I bought a old wall mounted one that you hold the can up to and snap the lever down like they used in school cafeterias got it a flea mkt problem solved. Or you might try some restaurant supply houses that’s where I get alot of my utensils and stuff they are actually pretty cheap prices and you wife would probably find stuff also Anyway just a thought
Good ideas. I like the old wall mounted ones.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're having to rebrand all the stuff from China because of sanctions. I just checked on our new coffee maker and it was stamped on the back.
Made in china (crossed out), replaced with made in Vietnam (crossed out, replaced by Made in Turkey (crossed out) and finally stamped with made by elves at the north pole. Is Santa and American?

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at those. They had some bad reviews on Amazon, but I might reconsider. Never thought I’d have to look at reviews for a damn can opener.
How about the other can opener‘s, Church keys? I’ve gone through a bunch of those and they’re all pieces of shite. They don’t do anything but make a tiny little hole and then bend without making the triangle opening in the can. Seems like everything is junk nowadays.

Latest posts

Top Bottom