Recommendations for Manual Can Opener

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about the other can opener‘s, Church keys? I’ve gone through a bunch of those and they’re all pieces of shite. They don’t do anything but make a tiny little hole and then bend without making the triangle opening in the can. Seems like everything is junk nowadays.

When I ran bird dogs, I always carried a little butterfly can opener in every vest and coat. Wasn't much bigger than a 50 cent piece, and would open a dog food can in nothing flat. But that was 35 years ago. Probably don't make them like used to.

I just stashed one of those little things in every vest or coat so when I was hunting I didn't have to remember to bring one. I bet if I dug my old hunting jackets out, they're still in there. Can't open a can if you ain't got a can opener.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve never had an electric can opener. It’s not because I’m a tree hugger but I don’t want unneeded kitchen gadgets. It doesn’t take much more effort or time to use a manual opener. The only time that I wrap my arms around a tree is when I’m cutting firewood.
It was a joke.

I do like mine though, no sharp edges. Doesn’t save much time, you are correct about that.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Will they get a choke tube out? Asking for a friend.
Hey, I was going to offer this up for free but I think I found a use for it!
50241137-55E1-446C-B944-0D19EFF2CC1A.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom