Recommendations for place to buy first suppressor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkivbb

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting my trust done in a couple of days, and looking for a good place to purchase my first can.

I've emailed a couple of the dealers that post on here, but neither have returned my emails.

I'm wanting to get the ball rolling on this since I know it takes 5-6 months to get done.

Any good places/dealers you guys can recommend?

Thanks!

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I highly recommend Dustin. His prices will be great and he's been getting a lot of stuff in stock. I think he's at SHOT right now so it may take a little bit to get back to you. What are you looking to buy?

mkivbb

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah ok. That might explain his delay in email response. I sent him one the other day and got nothing back so far.

For the moment I'm looking to buy an SWR Spectre 2. My friend has an original Spectre and that thing is a great can. Really quiet and has held up great over the years.

After that I'd like to get a .40 suppressor (haven't decided which one), then a rifle suppressor, probably an AAC 762-SD. Basically following the footsteps of a friend of mine which has all of those, and all perform great on various platforms.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Spectre 2 is a great can. They said it's just as quiet or maybe a touch more than the Sparrow, and a little cheaper. It is however, just a little longer.

If you ever think you will ever want to suppress a .45, I'd get a Tirant and shoot it on your .40. You will be amazed how quite a .45 is in comparison.

AAC doesn't make the 762 SD anymore so you unless you go with a thread on, I'd recommend the N-6.

That's my measly opinion though.

HSIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Getting my trust done in a couple of days, and looking for a good place to purchase my first can.

I've emailed a couple of the dealers that post on here, but neither have returned my emails.

I'm wanting to get the ball rolling on this since I know it takes 5-6 months to get done.

Any good places/dealers you guys can recommend?

Thanks!

Talked with Steve from Cold Hand Arms this morning, he is also at the Shot Show and will return next week. Steve or Dustin are your go to guys for a suppressor.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dustin gets my vote as well. I'm a regular buyer from him, just paid for my 3rd can from him. As mentioned, 5-6 months from pending is the norm. My last 3 nfa items all fell within that timeline. I don't know why it should take longer now, word is they hired some new examiners and I don't think the rush is as crazy as it is with mags and ammo. Sure theyve seen a spike, but I don't think it slows them down much. I'll let you know in March if they're still in schedule or have slowed down, that's when my SDN-6 is due for apporval.

Latest posts

Top Bottom