Recommendations for Texoma trip and fishing guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the wife and I are thinking we want to plan a trip to Texoma. We definitely want to get a guide and fish for stripers. I’ve never been there and never fished for stripers either.

I figured there has to be a bunch of y’all on here who have done it. So, please give me recommendations.

Good places to stay/eat? Good guide services? What’s the best time of year to go? Tips? What should I expect? Etc

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Four of us went out with these guys about a month ago. No complaints.

https://sparkysguideservice.com/
IMG_8417.jpeg
IMG_8416.jpeg

Last edited:

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When we went in early April, the guide went out to the middle of the lake, found the fish w/ his locator and we pretty much stayed there for most of the afternoon. It is ”fun enough”, but its more like catching then fishing. We lowered our live bait down to around 40‘ in depth and waited for one to hit.
Fish fry up well as long as you cut out the red strip.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve no notion if this guy is still around, but I went with large groups for work that I arranged and I always fished with this guy, A couple of times we were the only boat that caught a limit. This guy knew right where they would be and when they would be there. He could flat find ‘em.
image.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/crosswindsguideservicelaketexoma?mibextid=ZbWKwL
Crosswinds Guide Service out Catfish Bay is a homerun. Shawn Morales is great with kids. He cleans your catch completely. (Removes the red meat that is strong tasting) You can save it for your chickens.

If he doesn't have dates open that are available for you he has a couple other guides he can set you up with.

Whenever you are visiting with guides to book a trip, ask a few questions.
1. Do you remove the red meat when cleaning fish?
2. Do you fish with live bait, artificial or what is best for the time of year?
3. Do you quit once the fish limit is reached? (In the hot months sometimes its necessary to quit because released fish are likely to die)

I haven't fished with a guide in a few years but fish down there often out of my boat. Some docks have public cleaning docks that guides use as well.

I was at Buncombe Creek Marina cleaning fish when a guide brought his customers in. He told them I didn't know what I was doing when I was cleaning striper using a common method that makes removing the red meat easy. I started to speak up as he voiced his opinion of my cleaning method loudly, but decided to just keep quiet. The guide often advertises/brags on Facebook and made a post that afternoon. I commented asking if he removed red meat when cleaning. He hid my comment and responded privately "I remove red meat if they are good tippers."

I am short on time and gotta run. If you want more details, I can certainly visit on this subject for awhile.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went with a group of friends this last Friday morning. We left out just after 6am and were back before 11am. Caught a ton of little ones that got released. We decided we had enough and came back around 10:30 am. We used live bait and hit about 3 different spots to find the bigger fish. They cleaned and removed the red meat. Good music, easy going Captain and Crew. The other guys have been out with this outfitter a few times before and seem to think they are better than some of the others. When we got back to the dock, we went to the Enos Mall for the best breakfast while they cleaned the fish. Took the Captain and mate a burger back to the dock and collected the fish.

My mug is the only one showing.

https://www.reeleasyfishing.com/
thumbnail_IMG_4582.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom