Recommendations for Texoma trip and fishing guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talked to a buddy today that went out Friday. He said the bite was on and the fish were big. Bigger in general than the ones I posted earlier in this thread. He is the guy standing to my right with the sunglasses in the pic.
Unfortunately there's still a slot limit right Dennis? That happened to us last time fishing with Brannon where we all caught our 20"+ or whatever it is/was then fished for a while to get the 'box' fish for rest of our limit. It's tough to throw back a 10 lb striper because you're at the slot limit!

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the limit anyway? (signed "Too lazy to look it up myself....")
Don't worry - I had 2 minutes to spare(signed "smart arse in Tuttle")

For striped bass and hybrid striped bass, there is no minimum length limit. Daily bag limit = 10; possession limit = 20, and only two striped or hybrid striped bass 20 inches or greater may be retained each day.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for awesome replies everybody! I’m definitely learning a lot. Apparently May and June are peak season and the guides are all mostly booked up. We will see if we can work a date out with one...

Also considering just waiting and booking something for the fall. From what I understand fall is a great time to fish for stripers.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several out of Kingston, plus places to stay.

The guides are radio connected and work together to put you on fish.

Texoma Stripers on Fascist Book is a good group. Many will list last minute openings, if you can go on short notice.

Broncos

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best guide I have used last 3 years Hookin J owned by Dylan Jones Fishes out of Alberta Creek Marina

Attachments

• IMG_1405.jpeg
    IMG_1405.jpeg
    313.2 KB · Views: 0

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the wife and I are thinking we want to plan a trip to Texoma. We definitely want to get a guide and fish for stripers. I’ve never been there and never fished for stripers either.

I figured there has to be a bunch of y’all on here who have done it. So, please give me recommendations.

Good places to stay/eat? Good guide services? What’s the best time of year to go? Tips? What should I expect? Etc

Attachments

• IMG_1149.jpeg
    IMG_1149.jpeg
    300.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1150.jpeg
    IMG_1150.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 0

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I been there but didn't do a guide, had a buddy with a fully outfitted boat and he just used fish finder, watched guide locations and best of all, the birds hitting the shad that were running up to escape sripper. We limited out in a few hours and my 8 year old hit the biggest fish. It was 10 pounds and he fought it for what seemed like 10 min. He was wore out so I brought it in and he got to hold it for a pic. He wasn't much taller than it was long. I told him, you hooked it and it didn't get off so it's your fish. The end part makes no difference.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately there's still a slot limit right Dennis? That happened to us last time fishing with Brannon where we all caught our 20"+ or whatever it is/was then fished for a while to get the 'box' fish for rest of our limit. It's tough to throw back a 10 lb striper because you're at the slot limit!
We didn't catch any at 10lb. Most were in the 3-5lb. range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom