Record 4.3 million Americans quit their jobs in August

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain but is quitting working going to solve anything really. because unless your quitting and going to live in a homeless camp or have money or income your not telling about. that means your going to live off the rest of use who go to work hell or high water because its the right thing to do. don't know you so don't be offended . just can't quit and give up because of the political climate.
Yep, soon the hobos will be going door to door looking for handouts.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain but is quitting working going to solve anything really. because unless your quitting and going to live in a homeless camp or have money or income your not telling about. that means your going to live off the rest of use who go to work hell or high water because its the right thing to do. don't know you so don't be offended . just can't quit and give up because of the political climate.
Good point. Quitting a job is just fine. No one can quit working though. You must produce to consume.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that a lot of those quitting right now are people who weathered the worst of things, and now that they’re a little more comfortable, looking for something different or better. I was listening to a podcast the other day that talked about how lots of people are leaving their jobs due to how they were treated during the pandemic. This is not the most accurate example, but I feel it describes the situation well. My girlfriend is self employed. She rents an office within a building with a bunch of other people who share her profession, and they’re supposed to benefit from it. Website recognition, help with difficult work, business development assistance from more experienced people. Kind of a bunch of independent employees working together to make their businesses better, while paying someone rent for their portion of the office used. Well, over the pandemic people stopped showing up to work and started working from home. All the benefits of working together so eased to exist. To top it off, the head of the office managed to get tens of thousands of dollars in gov assistance, likely because they counted these other office mates who were paying them rent, with no leniency for hardship, as employees to the government. Once my better half got through the worst of things, got her workload back up (she lost 60% of her clients the first week of lockdowns, and has spent the past year getting everything back), she started looking for a better office space. Found one. With cheaper rent, better office neighbors, and an office head that believes in helping out, as well as believing in sharing hardship through reducing rent if need be.

people don’t quit jobs most of the time, they quit bosses. Going through financially tough times, an election, and a pandemic has a way of showing you people’s true colors. If I am not mistaken, for the fist time in decades, a large part of Americans saved more and paid down debt during the pandemic. Those are likely the same individuals who worked through all this, and have the luxury of being able to take a month or two off and figure out what to do next. I don’t think this is everyone, or even a large percentage of the people quitting, but I think it’s a part of what we are seeing.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
yes. it's not just quit working; it's complete non-participation with society and the ills of it. take your money out of the bank. take your money out of the stock market. if you say "but if i divest all my finances, i will lose money!"

YES!

YOU WILL!

you will also shed one of the largest control mechanisms they have on you.
imagine if 50,000,000 americans withdrew from society.
imagine if 100,000,000 americans withdrew from society.

do you think change would occur? i mean what, they'd all be homeless? you really believe that?

look, i "worked hard" every day since i was 16. when i got laid off from the covid psy-op, i had nothing to show for it. absolutely nothing.
last summer, i had more free time than ever. i watched, every night, hundreds and thousands of people who, like me, didn't have jobs. they went from city to city, assaulting people, burning businesses, looting, attacking politicians, rigging elections, starting fires.

and *they won*. i think everyone else kept "working hard" and straight up lost everything. you just don't realize it yet. i think i just a found a more effective way to get change. i mean, can you deny it?

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, for the fist time in decades, a large part of Americans saved more and paid down debt during the pandemic. Those are likely the same individuals who worked through all this, and have the luxury of being able to take a month or two off and figure out what to do next. I don’t think this is everyone, or even a large percentage of the people quitting, but I think it’s a part of what we are seeing.
no it's the exact opposite; most people made more on UI than they had ever made, by a significant amount. these people are the ones who made large purchases and paid off debt during the pandemic.

we're talking about people who sold $30 of etsy stuff once every 12 weeks getting $2,400 a month. we're talking about people making minimum wage suddenly having thousands of dollars in their bank accounts. these are the people who realize how much they've been getting shafted, and how the money isn't real.

i think it's time to say to this government "i will not work for you." and doing *anything* is working for the government, except complete societal withdrawal.

now here comes someone to tell me how i'm not living like this, or i'm just a poor hobo and not everyone wants to live like that. hey look i get it, but don't complain about getting bit when you literally feed the Beast. i don't say anything i don't do. otherwise i'd be a coward like everyone else.

courage is doing wrong because it's the right thing to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom