Recovered 3 years later! Stolen Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imabass

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Springfield Xdm Compact 9MM.

I edited the post and would like to announce that it was recovered today. I posted it on hot guns website and someone contacted me. He had been carrying it for a couple of years. It was reported as something like strong arm burglary 1st degree. We met at the local pd station and filed reports and I hit the gun back today and it was removed from the ncis database.

Last edited:

imabass

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inside job?

Doubtful. It is personal shop and myself, wife, and brother have keys. Brother has his own XDm that I sold him last year.

Can people get to it while youre there and you not know it?
No. It is small shop 30x50 and I would know if someone else was there when I am there.

Do you have an alarm system?
I have video cameras and I am in process of reviewing the footage. I have 10 days of footage to review and it take a long time at 16x speed. It will take 15 hours to scan through the 10 day period. I am in process of scanning the footage. There are bars on the windows but possibly wide enough for a meth head to squeeze through.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have video cameras and I am in process of reviewing the footage. I have 10 days of footage to review and it take a long time at 16x speed. It will take 15 hours to scan through the 10 day period. I am in process of scanning the footage. There are bars on the windows but possibly wide enough for a meth head to squeeze through.

Thats the downfall of a video system. The damage has been done and you pretty much have to know the person to get an ID.

Get an alarm system. Even if its a cheapo system that is only a noise maker. They will usually spook someone off before anything can be taken.

Sorry to hear about it, good luck on your quest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom