Recreational Marijuana Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My only concern is if voting one way or the other will reduce the number of foreign owned grow farms in the state or will it make no difference. If it is legalized will they go elsewhere. I heard today that Arkansas has 8 licensed farms. Oklahoma has over 5300. The state in its greed for license fees has caused a real problem for the people. Foreign owners are not supposed to be allowed but they just set up Joe Blow at an unscrupulous law firm as the "citizen licensee". The state has announced a two year moratorium on new licenses which they claim will allow them the time to sort through and review current licensees looking for shell company owners.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in the fight either way, but in CO there is a much heavier tax levied on recreational sales versus medicinal sales. I believe it was around 15-20% recreational tax.

Until it is federally legalized, I cannot risk crossing DOT regulations so it really doesn't affect me either way directly.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lived in CO most of 1992 - 2017. IF OK were to model after CO, there are quite a few differences between the medical and recreational laws and more importantly the price. Recreational sales in CO were 3-4 times HIGHER than those with a medical card AND the amount you could purchase was much, much smaller. This was to discourage out of staters to buy enough to take home. I think the tax was higher but not 100% sure.

The quality was the same with several medical places opening up recreational ones too. I don't think we'll run out the foreign investors nor the attorneys who represent them. Just too much $$ to ignore.

Since not Federally accepted, companies can and will make their own rules especially if DOT controlled. Some in CO have chosen not to test for weed on their job applications but those aren't safety positions either.

If you're 21 and want to do it, go for it like alcohol. For the record, I have NEVER known anyone who smoked weed and moved on to harder drugs like a progression. "I used to smoke weed then went to coke, then to crack and now shooting up heroin. That damn weed is a gateway drug.". LOL.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
have had a few employees that were using cbd with high thc. there are definitely safety issues with being stoned or drunk. they also had problems with understanding and carrying out their job descriptions.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're 21 and want to do it, go for it like alcohol. For the record, I have NEVER known anyone who smoked weed and moved on to harder drugs like a progression. "I used to smoke weed then went to coke, then to crack and now shooting up heroin. That damn weed is a gateway drug.". LOL.
You are very lucky. I have known several, some in my family.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yup. Most folks just smoke pot and mellow out.

Most folks just drink and don't turn into raging alcoholics.

Some folks want to regulate stuff like Americans are toddlers, though.

One caveat to those who want to try it: - DOT and FAA don't give a damn what's legal - if you test positive for THC you are flagged, depending on the company you'll be shown the door immediately.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Semi-related, but out of curiosity, is there a way to test a driver to determine if they are impaired on MJ? I believe at first at least there wasn't. Has that changed? Are there legal limits of 'highness'?

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, going back a couple of years, how many kids with seizures are being helped with the medicinal weed? That was how it was sold to citizens of Oklahoma barely any time ago. I really hate deception/bait and switch. It has brought the quality of our state down.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup. Most folks just smoke pot and mellow out.

Most folks just drink and don't turn into raging alcoholics.

Some folks want to regulate stuff like Americans are toddlers, though.

One caveat to those who want to try it: - DOT and FAA don't give a damn what's legal - if you test positive for THC you are flagged, depending on the company you'll be shown the door immediately.

No lie there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom