Recreational Marijuana Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a few people whom guns have helped them but I think they should be heavily taxed (sin tax, ya know, murder, killing, etc.) and let the federal gov't handle all the licensing and regulations.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is the problem. You can't tax the ones who aren't the issue along with the ones that are. Better to just charge the people who consume the hospital services in the first place than to try to tax it. Even then, how would you possibly get those tax dollars where they should go.

They should have made MJ like any other medication and issued prescriptions for it for medicinal use like any other medication.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would you support a big tax on ammo if it would help our teachers?

#1. - taxes are simply revenue for our "leaders" - once they steal our earnings, they will do as they see fit.

#2. - Regarding rule #1, "leaders" will lie and use every means available to convince the public that they should surrender more of their earnings.

#3. Making something legal or illegal should have zero to do with income for the state. Liberty and freedom should be the only considerations when debating such an issue.

#4. - Address actual crimes - theft, assault, murder...for what they are. Blaming the substance of choice for a crime is exactly the same as blaming a gun for a shooting. Individuals make bad decisions, blame the individual, period.

I would never advocate using drugs. I would also never advocate the state telling you what you can buy, shoot, consume, read, or drive. I hate running down Riverside and getting a big whiff of pot smoke - but it ain't any worse smelling than a Camel or a Marlboro, and it passes quickly. Who am I to tell that worthless hippie what he should or shouldn't be doing?
I agree 100%, I was just giving some free marketing advise to the pot proponents. I'm sure they'll trot out the 'for the children' argument somehow.

As I've said before, I'm for legalizing most, if not all substances. But I don't want to pay for it, and we don't, as a society, have the stomach to remove the safety nets - medical care, welfare etc for those that choose to go down that path.

I think legalizing everything, putting the recipes out on the internet and saying go get it would solve a lot of problems. Might also help find bottom for those able to pull out of it.

Broncos

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From retired cops perspective recreational marijuana in Colorado has ruined the work ethics of the young people Especially those that claim that it is not addictive but leads to illegal drug usage We have enough problems without adding more Surrounding states suffer also prosecuting those that take it across state lines😢😢😢

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all really think that the medical or even recreational marijuana movement has led to more homelessness and increased hospital visits? I'd LOVE to see the proof on that.

The costs are prohibitive for anyone not making a good living or maybe a lucrative corner. The homeless aren't going to pay $300/ounce from a dispensary when they can get it off the street for $100(or much less given it's not going to be the quality).

Wife works at a hospital. Crack? Check. Meth? Check. Heroine? Check. Weed? Nope. When I say Nope, I mean it's not a cause for them being in the hospital. Found weed on patients but again it wasn't the reason for their 'visit'.

Weed -> bag of potato chips -> nap. Repeat.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all really think that the medical or even recreational marijuana movement has led to more homelessness and increased hospital visits? I'd LOVE to see the proof on that.

The costs are prohibitive for anyone not making a good living or maybe a lucrative corner. The homeless aren't going to pay $300/ounce from a dispensary when they can get it off the street for $100(or much less given it's not going to be the quality).

Wife works at a hospital. Crack? Check. Meth? Check. Heroine? Check. Weed? Nope. When I say Nope, I mean it's not a cause for them being in the hospital. Found weed on patients but again it wasn't the reason for their 'visit'.

too many lobbies and HIPPA. Why do you think after a mass shooting we find out later the shooter was seeing a psychologist. Why can't we know what SSRI's the shooter is on? Well because boards of directors from big pharm are on board of directors for news outlets, and vice versa.

Now I have some inside knowledge about kids ending up in ERs, and ICUs due to ingestion of MJ gummies and other things. Will these hospitals come out and say this? No. Why? HIPPA, and lobby groups.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

besides, I don't smoke or take MJ products but I see signs, saw one last night 10 joints for $20. A vagrant bum can get that panhandling in an hour or less.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fact is that we need more people contributing to society in a positive way than not. I think we are at a time when the non contributors are outweighing the contributors and this is one of the reasons everything is going to crap. There is where a simple issue like MJ is part of a much larger picture.
Shouldn’t alcohol be illegal for the same reasons?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has been in ER, ICU, surgery....I have heard countless heartbreaking tales of abuse, death, disease, disfiguring accidents, you name it. (my job is to listen to her when she comes home, so I've been told)

Nothing is so devastating as the stories she recounts concerning marijuana overdoses and marijuana-induced violence.

The 17 year old that smoked so much weed he finally seized and died right in front of his mother. There was so much residue on his skin she received a near-fatal contact dose as she cradled him in his last moments. The EMT that showed up had to give her mouth to mouth for thirty minutes. She gave him her number.

The 15 year old girl who smoked a bag full of "medical grade mj" then was overwhelmed with teenage lust. She allowed 35 teenage boys to have their way with her, and in her dazed state didn't realize that there was no longer a distinction between her orifices and nearly bled to death, even as she giggled through the verses of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana.

Perhaps the worst of these is the middle-aged man, having lost his job, smoked his way home from work. His anger only grew as the THC flowed through his neurons. Once home, he beat his loving wife nearly to death with his fists, then turned his rage towards his 5 year old son. When the EMTs got there, they said the 5 year old would never walk again. The man was charged, his wife now destitute and saddled with a brain-damaged son is forced to dance topless on "Heifer Night" at a nearby saloon.

Sad stories indeed.

Edited to add:
This is complete BS. Although my wife is a medical professional, the only stories I hear about weed are about the patients who have a higher resistance to anesthesia.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom