Recreational Marijuana Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is an odd thing; to argue for some restrictions and not others. That is the complexity of this. In some ways we are individuals, but collectively, we are a nation. Ultimately I'd like the choice that we could become a nation of greatness or a nation of dopers, and we chose greatness instead of the decision being made for us.

Not at all odd to me. Some folks think that others' have the right to limit what we choose, some folks do not.

You can shoot heroin, build a machine gun, plant pot on your property and sell your body for sex as long as it doesn't involve me, we're good.

But nobody needs high capacity magazines!

Woodman 59

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not arguing the use of marijuana, just a question on the proposed state question. With the relative ease of getting a medical card, why do we need recreational? There seem to be dispensaries on every corner. Would there be room for new locations, or would many of the current ones change? Why should I be for, or against, this proposal? What will be the upside for the state?
It is about the revenue. And more people are high it is easier to control the masses. Give us your guns and we will give you weed (HA HA ) have a good day

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as long as it doesn't involve me, we're good.

But it involves all of us when our country has been run into the ground paying for deadbeats. If your argument is they are on their own when they choose to be deadbeats; I am with you on that. Even so, I'd still rather live in a country where people choose not to be deadbeats.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure that is true. I'm not a fan of alcohol either, but more than that I'm not a fan of people who are deadbeats whether it be from alcohol, MJ, or other. I'm tired of a nanny state that allows people to fall so far without repercussions.
Alcohol, MJ, even firearms become public problems when folks lack self-control, and that number seems to be growing at a rapid pace.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not arguing the use of marijuana, just a question on the proposed state question. With the relative ease of getting a medical card, why do we need recreational? There seem to be dispensaries on every corner. Would there be room for new locations, or would many of the current ones change? Why should I be for, or against, this proposal? What will be the upside for the state?
I have never used pot, and don't plan on starting. It seems to me a joke to require a medical card, when all you need to get one is, a few bucks! I read about Cromwell OK, a wild oil boom town where Bill Tillman was hired to clean it up, and was killed, had a doctor with a chair on the side walk, in front of the drug store, writing prescriptions for $2.00 each, for morphine, and other controlled drugs! So I guess this is nothing new?

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it is my understanding that recreational marijuana would allow people to purchase both weed and guns.

as it stands, anyone getting a MJ card is asking for trouble if they fill out a 4473. of course, it's likely one of those situations where we all think someone would actually get in trouble, but in reality there is exactly ZERO enforcement because let's be real most crimes do not face any kind of punishment.

i mean....i don't know anyone who got turned down on a 4473 because they have their card. i also don't know anyone who got their dog shot. so it's probably just another boogeyman designed to make people OBEY.
I actually had a customer recently move to Oklahoma, and to prove residency he offered his medical marijuana card issued in OK. No sale.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as I know, nothing like a breathalyzer used for alcohol. I did find this statement in an article when Googlin'. So, in CO, it seems they'd have to arrest you under suspicion of impairment then get a blood sample for testing.
some states have laws that allow THC levels to be presented as evidence of impairment. Some of these laws were passed in response to the legalization of marijuana for recreational use. In Colorado, for example, it is a permissible inference that the driver was impaired by marijuana if he or she had more than 5 nanograms of delta-9-THC per milliliter of blood.

The majority of CBD is made from hemp and not marijuana with THC. It can only contain a very small amount of THC or the feds wouldn't allow it.
The feds DON’T allow it, they just aren’t enforcing it. Much like the federal laws against protesting near where a judge lives or works. This administration is conveniently overlooking any laws they don’t agree with, or ones that don’t further their agenda.

Latest posts

Top Bottom