Red beef steak mushrooms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this but anyone hunt the big red mushrooms in the spring? I have been having a discussion with a buddy for a while he is convinced they are poisonous and showed me proof but I grew up on them and never had a problem just wondering if anyone else has something to prove I’m not crazy or trying to poison him

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
August thru December is when we used to find them in NE Oklahoma, maybe we're not taking about the same shrooms? They grow on the sides of oaks.
No the ones we get are out of the ground if you look them up it says not edible but my family has been eating them since before I was born they come up right before morels

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this but anyone hunt the big red mushrooms in the spring? I have been having a discussion with a buddy for a while he is convinced they are poisonous and showed me proof but I grew up on them and never had a problem just wondering if anyone else has something to prove I’m not crazy or trying to poison him
Bwahahahaa …… the only wild mushroom I eat around here is morel …….because I can find them and because I an 100 % identify them lol….so many are so poisonous I don‘t try to forage any other types,

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nuttin rong wit ma folks

1637631204023.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom