Red Castle Gun Club Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Red Castle has a full size completion range with stages out to 600 yards (or 500 yards), I can’t remember exactly. Use of the high power rifle range requires a one time/one day familiarization and shooting program…..

It’s been several years since I shot at the high power range, but the steel silhouettes go out to 500 yards, and you could post paper targets only at 600 yards on that range. Someone else might have more up to date info.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s been several years since I shot at the high power range, but the steel silhouettes go out to 500 yards, and you could post paper targets only at 600 yards on that range. Someone else might have more up to date info.
That is mostly correct.
There is a backer about 50 yards further behind the target pits that'll give you a little more distance.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got joined at Red Castle last year. Maybe have gone out 3 or 4 times between the indoor/outdoor. Would absolutely be delighted to pay that money again to never have to go back to the craptastic pile of garbage USSA has become.
I haven't really been to USSA for a couple or three years. What negative changes have occurred?

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
G
I haven't really been to USSA for a couple or three years. What negative changes have occurred?
Generally the condition of the facilities has gone down, as has the customer service. The main thing that I liked about it was having a dedicated bay when I was doing chronograph work, but I can live without that. The final straw for me was showing up one day to find out I was blacklisted because the owner accused me of taking all the range brass. (Which was funny because that occurred a month after the day in question and I had just finished processing all the brass and had come up just about even to my shots fired that day).

After an hour long discussion between him, the RO and myself he apparently cleared the flag and said he'd comp my visit for the day and that I was welcome whenever and "sorry for the misunderstanding" but "he'd be watching me". I just went home and never went back.

So between incidents like that and the general condition degrading I am happy to never give them any more dollars. I've always considered the facilities and setup of Red Castle to be tops anyways.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We should do an ENS for us folks on the east side, plenty of room in the clubhouse.
I'd be down with that. If they'll let us pack the place with visitors, we should do it on March 11th. They're having a wet t-shirt contest at noon to raise funds for the pistol steel range.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be down with that. If they'll let us pack the place with visitors, we should do it on March 11th. They're having a wet t-shirt contest at noon to raise funds for the pistol steel range.

That sounds like good fun, will definitely be there for that. Just hoping they don’t have the ranch help wearing the t-shirts

Latest posts

Top Bottom