Red Castle Gun Club Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am involved with the Thursday outdoor pistol practice (TOPPs) at RCGC. We shoot IDPA style courses every week on Thursday morning and it is open to all members.

the club also has a pistol play day about once a quarter with multiple courses of fire designed to be pretty challenging. At the December event they had 41 shooters. All of the courses are ran by a range safety officer and are shot in a safe and controlled manner. Some have moving targets, some have the shooter move, a few are just a sight and trigger test.

at the December event they set up a bonus course and each person got five chances to split an index card on edge. Surprisingly large number of people were able to split the card. We had a lot of fun and made some new friends. Over all a good event to test your gun handling skills under a little pressure.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am involved with the Thursday outdoor pistol practice (TOPPs) at RCGC. We shoot IDPA style courses every week on Thursday morning and it is open to all members.

the club also has a pistol play day about once a quarter with multiple courses of fire designed to be pretty challenging. At the December event they had 41 shooters. All of the courses are ran by a range safety officer and are shot in a safe and controlled manner. Some have moving targets, some have the shooter move, a few are just a sight and trigger test.

at the December event they set up a bonus course and each person got five chances to split an index card on edge. Surprisingly large number of people were able to split the card. We had a lot of fun and made some new friends. Over all a good event to test your gun handling skills under a little pressure.
Thanks for the info!

Finnished

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m newish to the Tulsa area and am looking at the various options for shooting ranges. Red Castle is piquing my interest with the indoor and outdoor memberships. However, it appears the indoor range is the only membership open at the moment. I’m wanting indoor for pistol and maybe rifle sight in, and outdoor for everything, including long range shooting.

So my biggest questions are
1. How long does it take to move from the combined membership from indoor only?

2. Will I have to pay a second application fee when converting to the combined?
As it was last year, you pay the $50 for indoor membership and the $100 application fee to become and indoor member.

Generally, only by becoming an indoor member can you become and outdoor member.

When spots become available for outdoor, usually in January-March, emails are sent to current red castle members offering the option to upgrade to indoor and outdoor.

Your previously paid dues are incorporated into a prorated fee for combined indoor and outdoor and the additional you pay is the $50 orientation,which is mandatory in order to use the Zink Ranch facilities, and the difference between your indoor membership and the prorated amount of the $135 indoor/outdoor membership, whatever that may work out to be. Its prorated daily so that number constantly changes, but maximally you'd pay an additional $135 or so. So all in, you'd be out about $285 in year one, and $135 for subsequent years afterwards.

Welcome to Tulsa!

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As it was last year, you pay the $50 for indoor membership and the $100 application fee to become and indoor member.

Generally, only by becoming an indoor member can you become and outdoor member.

When spots become available for outdoor, usually in January-March, emails are sent to current red castle members offering the option to upgrade to indoor and outdoor.

Your previously paid dues are incorporated into a prorated fee for combined indoor and outdoor and the additional you pay is the $50 orientation,which is mandatory in order to use the Zink Ranch facilities, and the difference between your indoor membership and the prorated amount of the $135 indoor/outdoor membership, whatever that may work out to be. Its prorated daily so that number constantly changes, but maximally you'd pay an additional $135 or so. So all in, you'd be out about $285 in year one, and $135 for subsequent years afterwards.

Welcome to Tulsa!
Thank you for the info and the welcome!

Latest posts

Top Bottom