Red Dot on a HD Shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of Eotechs - I love the reticle, but have seen dozens go down in classes. The payout they were forced to make to .gov was the final nail in the coffin for me.

I have six T2's and one T1 on various rifles (with the T1 being on a shotgun), and have never had a problem with any of them.

I know some folks who run Trijicon RMR's on shotguns, and love them, so might want to give those a look.

Finally, not sure how much experience you have with dots, but you should not be looking through the Aimpoint - you should have both eyes open, focused on the target, which should leave you with an in-focus target with a red dot floating over it. I actually don't see the optic when shooting.
I really appreciate the advice on focusing. It just seems like the Pro is so big it's making me lose focus on the target . I will keep practicing and apply your way of doing it. The trijicon rmr is a whole lot smaller and it may be easier for me to use and they have models with big old dots that I could put on target and should cover my shot pattern pretty good.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Granted I opted for one with an IFL...it doesnt have to be on but its there if I want it. I'll do like @druryj and take a stock pump gun.

I also dont understand slings on a HD gun. Seems like something that would be easy to get hung up on door handles and such.

Mossberg 590.jpg

Plene Paratus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Granted I opted for one with an IFL...it doesnt have to be on but its there if I want it. I'll do like @druryj and take a stock pump gun.

I also dont understand slings on a HD gun. Seems like something that would be easy to get hung up on door handles and such.

View attachment 128779

If you are actually using the sling, I've never seen that be a problem. If you just have it dangling, or if you have a simple carry strap, maybe.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just want a stock Rem or Mossberg HD Pump Model and I’m good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no problem with a stock shotgun, that's what I'm use to. But like I said this one already has a rail on it so I thought I might put something up there and see how I do with it. Most rifles come with sights but people still put scopes on those to gain an advantage, why not shotguns?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no problem with a stock shotgun, that's what I'm use to. But like I said this one already has a rail on it so I thought I might put something up there and see how I do with it. Most rifles come with sights but people still put scopes on those to gain an advantage, why not shotguns?

Cause...shotguns. But hey, go ahead and put it on there if you want to. Nobody is gonna think anything bad about you. Over this anyway. Maybe.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 128779

Excellent point. A sling on a HD shotgun...something to think about beforehand I do believe. I don't do it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom