Red Dot on a HD Shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So Saturday we shot the SW500 and a couple other pistols and never got around to the shotty so I went this morning and zeroed the shotty with the TRS25 and at this point the rifle is zeroed at 50 yards with a 3 round 1.75inch group. I like the sight and the shotgun kicks like a mule so will have to go back another day to zero a little further out!! By the way the cheapest sabots I could find , federal power shok, which sell for $8.40 a box of 5 from Cabelas, were the best accuracy in this gun. Found some even cheaper on gunbroker at $6.40 a box, time to stock up. Don't see me shooting this thing enough to warrant reloading.
The sight is great as far as function and comfort of use, lines up naturally and indoors the 1 setting was plenty bright.
So your Mossy has a rifled barrel on it? I didn't realize that. Guess I missed that part.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So Saturday we shot the SW500 and a couple other pistols and never got around to the shotty so I went this morning and zeroed the shotty with the TRS25 and at this point the rifle is zeroed at 50 yards with a 3 round 1.75inch group. I like the sight and the shotgun kicks like a mule so will have to go back another day to zero a little further out!! By the way the cheapest sabots I could find , federal power shok, which sell for $8.40 a box of 5 from Cabelas, were the best accuracy in this gun. Found some even cheaper on gunbroker at $6.40 a box, time to stock up. Don't see me shooting this thing enough to warrant reloading.
The sight is great as far as function and comfort of use, lines up naturally and indoors the 1 setting was plenty bright.
Let me take a look, I might have some slugs I’ll never use. They’re yours if I can find em.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

So we don’t get a report on the Godzilla Killer?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So we don’t get a report on the Godzilla Killer?

LOL , I put about 8 rounds down range with the 500. I could not wipe the silly grin off my face, the trigger was smooth as butter, it shoots about 4 inches low of center at 25 yards, gun was dead on center for wind-age for both of us shooting. Hopefully we go again shortly after the Holidays and we can get it in the 100 yard range and really check zero.
I was truly amazed at how smooth the DA trigger was on the beast and the SA was incredible.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL , I put about 8 rounds down range with the 500. I could not wipe the silly grin off my face, the trigger was smooth as butter, it shoots about 4 inches low of center at 25 yards, gun was dead on center for wind-age for both of us shooting. Hopefully we go again shortly after the Holidays and we can get it in the 100 yard range and really check zero.
I was truly amazed at how smooth the DA trigger was on the beast and the SA was incredible.
Thanks!
I've never shot one yet, but looking forward to it one of these days. I just have to find someone to let me shoot theirs.