Red dot sight on a pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big issue is to practice presentation as it is much dif that reg sights. It's frustrating, but once you have it the red dot is cheating. My CZ P-09's slide is out now getting cut for RMR

This here. I just did one and started working with it a few weeks ago. You must really practice finding the red dot vs lining up the sights. You'll get faster, but slow and steady to start.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm hoping aimpoint drops one soon. None on the market are issue free, even the rmr.

I have a Burris on the way purely as an experiment. If I like the dot on a pistol I'll upgrade when one proves itself worthy of edc use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure you have cowitnessed iron sights. It makes all the difference in finding the dot on the draw. Go to the irons and it's right there.
I have used 6.5moa and 3.25moa on my pistols. I like 3.25 moa better, because with a match barrel and a rest, I can shoot great groups at 100 yards

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Make sure you have cowitnessed iron sights. It makes all the difference in finding the dot on the draw. Go to the irons and it's right there.
I have used 6.5moa and 3.25moa on my pistols. I like 3.25 moa better, because with a match barrel and a rest, I can shoot great groups at 100 yards
I prefer to have iron sights out of the way.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

With the RMR on my G19, which is my carry gun, I put suppressor night sights. I figured I need a backup in case the dot doesn't work.
And one morning when it was still dark outside I looked for the dot and the auto-sense had dimmed it so much it was hard to find. The night sights really help.
They're not perfectly cowitnessed, but pretty close.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I have tritium up front too. I've been carrying red dot sighted pistols since they were first mounted on carry Glocks several years ago. Back up irons are a necessity imo.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I run one on my 2206TGT really like it...

i576.photobucket.com_albums_ss208_havsummfun_GATS_B98D6919_2BC999ffb6df33b1ac0e82c084d21c9de62.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom